Thursday, March 5, 2009

Playroom Makeover!

I have been wanting to decorate our playroom in a really fun way since June when we moved in! We are extremely lucky to have this space and it is VERY much used! So, I wanted it to be fun--AND organized! I love color and I decided I wanted a lot of it! I don't remember where I got the idea but I had decided that I wanted to decorate with dots and told Kris that I wanted to paint dots all over the walls. Of course, he wasn't too thrilled with the idea as he saw in that a lot of work for himself and was afraid that they would be hard to paint over if someone ever wanted to repaint the room. So, I had to look for another way to get my dots. I found a great sight online that sells all kinds of repositional wall stickers. So, I got my dots and lots of color too!!! They are great!

Here are a few BEFORE pictures of the room-very plain and white.




I love our couch that we have in here, by the way. It will lay down flat and makes a great place for guests to stay!

Hannah really wanted to help her daddy paint last weekend. She got to do it for a little bit! We decided to go with a cool blue color all over the walls. I really love the color!

Here are the AFTER pictures! I absolutely love how it turned out!!! It is so fun and cheerful to me! Lincoln's little eyes were taking it all in after he saw it! Hannah was excited probably cause I was so excited! Ha!

I found the balls that we hung from the ceiling at Michael's for $1 each. I love cheap but cute decorations!!! The wall above the piano holds a collage that Kelly's Photography did of our family pictures back in November. I'll put more black and white photos around it over time. I love the red curtains. They were just from Target. Oh and we got the little toy storage unit by the piano at Target as well.


I love my Cubicles storage units from Target. We've had them for a while and they are great for organizing toys and books! The kids can get them out easily too.



We moved the couch to a different position which I wasn't sure I would like at first, but it kind of sections off the room. I think it works! Kris and I were able to lay it down flat and prop pillows up against the wall and watch a movie the other night. It was great!

Every once in a while I get creative. I found this multi-colored dots tissue paper in the dollar section at Target. I bought these frames at Michaels for $1 each, painted one green and one red and stuck the tissue paper to each one. The little wooden train and flower were less than $1 each. I like how they turned out. I need to get my pictures in them now!!

I had some canvases and paint already and so I painted these two pictures for one of the walls. The frames were inexpensive from Wal-mart.


All in all, it really wasn't that expensive and not too time consuming either! Now we have a really fun place to hang out and play everyday!

6 comments:

Matt and Rachel said...

I'm completely inspired!! I LOVE it!!! Maybe now I'll get my tail moving and work on our playroom. :)

Little Rock Real Estate said...

I love it. You guys did a great job. Tell Kris good thinking with not wanting to paint the dots on there. For once the guy might have been right:)

Shelly

The Warriors said...

WoW!!! Super impressed...I have an ENTIRE house that needs decorating if you ever get bored!! Hahaha...

Becky Lynch said...

I love it! You did such a wonderful job!!!

kristen g. said...

Wow, it looks incredible! What a fun place to kick back and play. :)

Amanda said...

Very cute! I really like the dots and the colors. Makes me want to repaint our playroom. Emma and Hannah need to have a play date.