Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!! This has been one BUSY week for us!!! It all started Saturday when I was able to host my friend, Amanda's, baby shower at my house. She is having a little boy, Will, very soon!

The Table


The hostesses with Amanda


Opening her gifts
Friends that came to help celebrate this wonderful event!


On Sunday we had church--twice, Kris had an afternoon meeting at church, and I had GALS after church.

On Mondays, I babysit and this particular Monday night, it was my turn to host Bunko at my house and plan a meal for 12 girls! It was fun, but a lot of work! Kris had class and so Uncle Jeff came over to watch the kids for me.

On Tuesday I had to make 2 of my 3 cooking club meals! I felt like I was in the kitchen ALL DAY!!!

On Tuesday night, I (along with about 7 other girls from church) started taking a Cake Decorating Class at Michaels. It is two nights a week for two weeks. I have always wanted to take one of these and Michaels was offering it for half off this month. It has been a lot of fun, especially doing it with friends. Again, Uncle Jeff had to babysit because Kris had to go to Alltel to work for a little while.

On Wednesday, I had to finish my last cooking club meal and make an 8" round cake for my cake decorating class and freeze it. Then, I went and got Jack from Carrie and took all the kids to the park for a couple of hours. (I was feeling guilty for all the tv watching they did the day before when I was in the kitchen all day!) We had a picnic lunch and met up with Leanne and Eden. Then, I had to come home and clean up the house a little and make a hashbrown casserole for LIFE Group which is at my house. We had a cookout. Everything was yummy and we enjoyed getting to spend time with our friends and watch Pam play Wii!!! :)

On Thursday, I babysat again. I also had to make the icing for my cake for my class and ice it as well as make all the icing to decorate it with during class AND some to practice with during class. Our assignment was this rainbow cake so we had lots of colors to make and put in bags. It was a lot of work!!! But, I will say this, I enjoyed it! During class that night, we learned how to make stars, dots, writing, and the beginnings of flowers. We began decorating our cakes. I had to finish it when I got home at about 9:00 last night. I decided that I'd send it to work with Kris today. They won a big job this week, the new Bryant High School, so I made the cake say "Congrats". So far I think it was a hit.

I did have to laugh at myself because I realized in class last night that I completely forgot to put icing in between the two layers. Oh well.

So, today is FRIDAY!!! TGIF!!!!! (Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!) We have done absolutely nothing today. It is 3:00 and I have not had a shower. This morning the kids played outside in the sandbox while I read. It has been a beautiful day!










Tonight we are looking forward to going to Disney On Ice at the Alltel Arena!!! I am looking forward to doing something fun with just my family!!!!

4 comments:

Dixie said...

TGIF is right!!! This week has been crazy busy!!! Hope you guys loved Disney on Ice!

Mike & Leanne said...

Your cake looks awesome! I'm sure it was very much enjoyed by all the guys who ate it. Hope Disney on Ice was a blast. Have a great weekend.

Matt and Rachel said...

I'm soooo impressed with the cake!

We'll be in LR for Mother's Day/Matt's graduation (yeah!!!) -- are you going to be there???

Becky Lynch said...

Oh, I have ckake envy! I so want to take classes. You are a true "Super Mom"! I was so so happy to read that Hannah is doing so well. Makes me wish we lived closer to you guys so that our kids could grow up together!!!!