Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Big Boy Bed!!!!!

Friday night we converted Lincoln's bed into the toddler bed. Here's a couple of pics of the room before we changed it up a little.




My big boy in his big boy bed. I don't think he knew what to think about it when he first saw it because it looked different. When he got in it, he was all smiles!


Doesn't he look so big!!??

Here he is fast asleep! So sweet!

Here is his room after I redecorated a little. Some of the wall pieces and accessories still match and we didn't need to repaint the walls. One of these days I will take the rocking chair out. I can't bring myself to do that quite yet. Then he'd REALLY be a big boy. We still read stories in it most nights.



Still plan on adding/changing up some of the wall decor, but I think it is cute for now.


Linc did really well that first night in his bed. He got up once right after I left the room. I just went in and told him that it was time to go night-night and to lay back down. He did with no problem. I checked on him before we went to bed and found him asleep on the floor in front of his bed! Couldn't tell if he'd fallen out or if he'd crawled out and fallen back to sleep. Another time or two that night, I'd hear him kind of whimper and find him fast asleep on his tummy on the floor somewhere. He actually stayed in his bed until 7:40 the next morning which was NICE!!! We went in and got him.

The second night was the same way. I'd wake up and go check on him and find him fast asleep on the floor. I'd put him back in. This would happen a couple of times. He is doing better the last night or so. I'm not really complaining because I feel like he is doing really well.

I was curious how naptime would go. He usually takes about a 2 hour nap and many times would wake up crying. I never knew why. The first nap he took in the new bed, he slept over 2 hours and woke up fine. Since then he is still doing great with the naps! I usually have to go back in one time after putting him down and tell him to lay down and go to sleep. He hasn't gotten out of bed. He'll just be sitting up in bed playing. He is taking better naps and waking up happier than he was in the baby bed!!! He is finally starting to realize that he can actually crawl out of bed when he wakes up all by himself. He'll come walking out the door into the living room with this huge smile on his face. I love it!

I decided I wanted to go ahead and change the bed because I'm hoping to attempt to start potty training later this summer. Key word here is ATTEMPT! I refuse to stress out about it. So, if he is not ready to do it, so be it. I only want to tackle one major change at a time, that's why I did the bed now. I'm happy he is doing so well! It is when they start hitting these milestones that you realize how fast they are growing up. I really want to cherish every moment!

2 comments:

Matt and Rachel said...

You are so brave!!! I'm glad the transition went so well for you! I'm too scared to try with Harrison....he's still so happy in his crib & sleeps SO good, but I know it's coming. :)I'm going to try the potty training this summer too. I have a feeling it's not going to go well....

Cortney said...

What a big boy! I love the picture of him with his boots on!!!