Monday, September 28, 2009

Trip to Mimi and Pappaw's House

The kids and I went to Mimi and Pappaw's house on Thursday afternoon. Daddy came Friday night. The kids were super excited to see Pappaw pull in the driveway Thursday evening!!!

They RAN to greet him!


The first thing we did was go look for Doodlebugs!

What are doodlebugs? Well, they are these little bugs that make these little holes in the sand. If you look close in the picture you may be able to see the holes.

To get one to come up, you twirl around a little stick and you have to say this little rhyme:
"Doodlebug, Doodlebug, fly away home.
Your house is on fire and your children will burn."


This was something I did as a kid! Sometimes you can get a doodlebug to come up. Can you see him?
Pappaw showing Hannah how to do it.

Linc giving it a try.

This is a doodlebug. Dad and I decided it was a miniature version of those big worm-like things in the movie Tremors! Ha!


Couldn't believe Hannah held one.

Linc did too. Don't you love his smile?

Sweet!

We had some great weather while we were there. We rode the four wheelers, had a birthday party, and played outside alot. Kris helped my dad with the yard and helped him build shelves in the barn. Here are the kids getting a washdown after playing outside!



Had to throw this one in here. I love how my awesome husband gets along so well with my parents! He is such a help to my dad. They like to do the same things and I love this! He is also super sweet to my grandmother. Just a couple reasons why I really love this guy!

Something I wanted to remember about this trip:
Pappaw loves to take the kids riding on the four wheelers to go look at the cows in the pasture. Apparently he talks to them the whole time telling them things. While I was riding the kids around, Hannah proceeds to start telling me the names of all of Pappaw's cows. She said, "There's "Pink Eye," "Dot," "Pretty girl," "Big Black Momma," "George," "Cut-off Ear"(or something like that), and several others that I can't recall right now. She informed me that he had 9 momma cows and 1 daddy cow. Then, she told me the story about "these 2 ten year old boys who came and moved Pappaw's boat away from the pond!" Lincoln would call them "mean boys" for some reason. I just loved how Hannah really listened to her Pappaw!!!

No comments: