Friday, November 13, 2009

Charts

We have got two charts going on in our house right now. First, we have the responsibility chart for Hannah.
It is helping her learn to be responsible for getting dressed by herself, making her bed, brushing her teeth, saying please and thank-you, not hitting, setting the table, and getting ready for bed, etc. Here is her bed all made up by herself!!! (Dad, you would be so proud! Ha!) She did a wonderful job!!

Our second chart is for Mr. Lincoln. It is potty training time in our house--somewhat anyway. Another name for it would be "FRUSTRATING!" I know. I know. He will do it when he's ready. Yes, I know that. We have made several attempts over the last several months to start potty training. Lincoln knows when he is about to go poop. He'll tell me "I poopin, Momma." I'll check and sometimes he's already gone and others I can rush him to the potty and he will go on the potty--with coaxing to stay on there long enough! Sometimes he'll tell me he's poopin and he is really going pee pee. So, I know he is aware of things.


A couple of weeks ago I decided that I would make a chart and explain to him that he would get 1 sticker for going pee pee and 2 stickers for going poop and when he filled up his chart he'd get to go to Chuckie Cheese. I stuck a picture of Chuckie on there for a little daily reminder of his prize.

It is still hard to get him to want to sit on the potty. He will go pee pee most of the time if I can get him on there. The other day I was going to be home all day so I put him in underwear with plastic pants over them to avoid so much mess. Well, first of all, the plastic pants didn't really hold in the urine, so there were multiple cleanings of the floor that day. After having a sippy cup of juice that morning, he went in his underwear about 8 times within a couple of hours. I gave up at noon. So, frustrating! I'd sit him on the potty to go and he wouldn't go. Then, shortly after he'd go in his underwear.


So, now I'm just taking it slow. No more trying to potty train in a day. That is too hard and too exhausting for Lincoln AND for Mommy! He'll get it, when he gets it!



2 comments:

kristen g. said...

Where did you get that responsibility chart? Or did you make it? I've got to get one of those :)

Jamie said...

Target! It was over with the puzzles!