Monday, November 23, 2009

New Addition!

I am SUPER excited to finally annouce that Kris and I are expecting baby #3!!!!!!!




I went to the doctor today for the first time. I am 8 weeks today. Our due date is July 6th!


I have always known that I wanted another baby, so the reality that, Lord willing, in July we will have another gift from God is such an amazing thing. So far I am feeling okay. I definitely get a little queasy if I don't eat a little something every couple of hours though. I have been super tired and have really been taking advantage of the kids' nap time to get one for myself.


I had convinced myself that I was having twins. I am definitely already showing which I know is normal. You typically show sooner with each pregancy. However, the ultrasound today proved I am not having twins. This is probably a good thing. :) We will definitely have our hands full as it is.


When Kris told his Mom, this is what he said, "Well, I think our trip (referring to our cruise) is actually going to come out more expensive than we thought. We'll actually be paying for it for the rest of our lives." Now doesn't that sound like a Kris way to say it? Ha!


I knew I was pregnant at 4 weeks, but we didn't tell the kids until about 2 weeks ago. We sat them down and told them that mommy was going to have another baby. Of course, Hannah kind of knew what this meant and she just giggled alot. Funny thing is, she had been praying for the "new little sister that my mommy is going to have" for quite a while now. This has been with no prompting from us. That night after we told her we were going to have another baby, we sat down to eat dinner and this is what she prayed, "Thank you for the new baby that Momma's going to have." It was super sweet. The day that I took the pregnancy test (way before she knew I was pregnant), while I was taking her to school she said, "Mommy, do you think we can name our little sister Francine?" I could not help but laugh out loud!


Oh, Lincoln's reaction. Everytime I tell someone I just can't help but smile. To make it simple for him, I said "Lincoln, there's a baby in Mommy's tummy." I was sitting in a chair at the time I told him and had on a gown. He came over to me, lifted up my gown, and said, "Noooooooo" like "No there's not." I told him it was growing in my tummy. He said, "A blue one?" Hannah has these two little Dora babies. One is pink and one is blue. Well, Lincoln has become quite attached to the blue one. He calls it his blue baby. So, that is what he wants--a blue baby.


We shall see. I think we have decided to find out if it will be a boy or girl. Originally I didn't want to, but we will really have to figure out the living arrangement for this one, so the sooner we know, the better. I guess someone will be disappointed since Hannah wants a girl and Lincoln wants a blue baby. I really don't care which it is. Healthy is all that matters to me!!

I am excited to get to blog about this pregnancy since I didn't start this blog until after Lincoln was born. So, here's my first pregnancy picture at 8 weeks. Hannah took it for me. :)





More of the baby. The head is at the bottom if you can't tell. Right now it is the size of a pinto bean! Amazing!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so excited for you guys! Love yall

Allison said...

That is awsome news Jamie!! Hannah did a great job taking your picture too. =)

Mike & Leanne said...

YEA!!! So glad everyone knows now. We are so excited for ya'll and can't wait to meet him or her. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! Kudos to Hannah for taking it. What a blessing to have within you!

I just scrolled down and saw the pictures of Hannah from Halloween - her hair turned out great!!

You're such a wonderful mom and your newest addition is in for a treat :-)

Love,
Amy

Jill said...

So happy for you guys!