Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School!!!

Oh my sweet Hannah. You have gotten so big on me. I can't believe this time is already here. For the last several weeks, I have teared up every time I would think about what you starting Kindergarten meant--that you were no longer going to be with me every day, that that time with you at home is over. That sounds so dramatic, but it is true. From here on out, you will spend most of your time away from me. This is so hard to realize.

What makes it a little easier is knowing that you are ready for school and that you will do just fine. You are smart and eager to learn. I am excited about all that you will get to learn and do. I know you are just going to eat it up!!!

Tuesday night we went to meet your teacher, Mrs. Atwood. I think she is going to be wonderful! Here you are walking to Open House.


So precious!

You left Open House very excited. Kris thought you were giddy!! This morning you woke up really early and were so excited. We took a few pictures before we left.

Today was Lincoln's first day of Preschool as well! He was excited too! He has wanted to go to school for a while now, ever since watching Hannah go. I think he is going to learn alot and I hope behave himself! :-)








I love this picture!



Me and my girl!

In the car on the way to school, I cried a bit and I told her that I wasn't crying because I was upset and she said "I know because you will miss me." As we were walking into the building, I was holding her hand. She looked up at me and said, "You're not going to like this very much are you?" This showed me she was aware of how big an event this was and how it was affecting me.

When we got there, we had to go wait in the cafeteria for the teacher to come get us and take us to the classroom. I asked her if she was nervous and she said yes.

This is Mrs. Atwood showing her where to put her backpack.

She had all the kids sit down on the mat.

She used an Ipod to play some music and they sang some songs. I know Hannah will enjoy this because she loves to sing!


Then she had each child come up to her and tell her something about themselves. I got really nervous when I heard this because I figured Hannah wouldn't talk at all. She has gotten quite shy. However, I was pleasantly surprised and oh so proud when she told Mrs. Atwood that she had gotten up really early this morning. :-) She did get up early. She was coming out of her room already when I went in to wake her up this morning. She knew it was early because it was still dark outside.

After this, we had to quickly tell her good-bye because we had to get Linc to school. So, I just kissed her and told her to have fun and that I loved her! The tears came in the hallway as we were walking out. I think Kris was affected more than he thought he would be.

Now it was Lincoln's turn. He was ready to go!!


We were running a little late so they were already in the hall singing songs and having the opening prayer. I thought he looked so sweet praying with his eyes closed and hands together.

I blew him a kiss and we left. I cried again in the car on the way home just talking to Kris about what this day meant.

This was picking him up. He was so proud of the drawings he made. AND he said he only got in trouble a little. Ha! (Not exactly sure what that meant.)

Our kiddos are growing up so fast! I am so proud of them and just love them to pieces!!!! I can't wait to see and hear all that they learn this year!

No comments: