Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Layton's 1st Trip to Texarkana

We went home to Texarkana this past weekend. It was Layton's first time to go. We just stayed home and relaxed while we were there for the most part. Pappaw's tractor was broken so the boys couldn't do hay. I actually think Kris was disappointed about this. It was so hot, I don't think Pappaw was disappointed about not doing hay at all. :-)

We ate watermelon. I can remember eating watermelon a lot when I'd go to my Pappaw's house as a child (my dad's dad). He used to grow them. Lincoln enjoyed his piece.

Layton is such a good little thing. He slept alot. He likes to sleep with one eye half open. I think this is because he has got to keep one eye on his big brother. He can't be too sure of what he'll do to him!


Both Uncle Wes and Uncle Jeff were there this visit. Here's the kids with Uncle Wes. He is always so silly with them.

Layton is sleeping on a blanket that my mom made for Wes when he was a baby. I think it is so cute.

Pappaw joined in on the sleeping! Ha!

The kids played outside some. It was just so hot! They rode the four wheeler, but I didn't get their picture this time.

This was probably the result of not having a nap on Saturday. He was SO tired that night!!

Hannah always has so much fun!

Yes, my parents live in the country!!! Love it!!

Mimi with Layton

Pappaw and the kiddos enjoying some popsicles!

I always like to get family pictures when we go home. I needed one with me and the three kids!





Only the 2nd Family of Five picture that we have. The first one was at the hospital when Layton was born.



Mimi with the kids.

My handsome brothers.

On Sunday after church, we went to the nursing home to visit my Mammaw. She met Layton for the first time. I had to make sure I got a picture. She is the kids' only great-grandparent left alive. Mammaw is 94.





We had a great relaxing weekend at home. I hope Layton can make many memories there!!

No comments: