Thursday, February 24, 2011

Layton is 8 months!

Layton you were 8 months old on Monday! You are really showing more personality this month and trying lots of new things. Here's all about you this month:

You are finally starting to get the pincher grasp down. You can pick up the Gerber puffs now, and have decided you really like them.

Most of the time you get them in your mouth. If you don't, you can get a little frustrated.


We get so tickled at you when you do this...

I think it is your way of saying, "I don't like that. I don't want it. Keep it away from me!"




You love your Daddy and he is quite taken with you.

You are trying hard to get on all fours. You just can't quite get that booty in the air yet. Won't be long though. You still don't roll over. I can't believe this!


You have tried a lot of new foods this month, mostly thanks to your Daddy. He loves to feed you things. You have tried shredded cheddar cheese, broccoli and cheese, bananas, rice, mashed potatoes, Spanish rice, mac-n-cheese, peas, diced carrots, mandarin oranges, and green beans. You gobble up it all.




There's that hand again.

You got your first tooth this month!!

You have started growling when you want something. It is funny.

You reach for things now that interest you--which is just about everything. When you are sitting up and reaching for things, you fall over sometimes. You don't like this too much.

You are a Momma's boy, I think. I have been called to come get you in the nursery several times on Sunday morning because you are just sobbing. You make it okay during class, but at some point I think you realize I am no where around and it really upsets you. As soon as I walk in the room and take you, you calm down. I hate to see you sob. This whole thing is new to me because I never had any trouble leaving the other two. They always did fine. I kind of am eating this up though, I have to say.

You are such a good, good baby. All through your hospital stay, people commented on how good you were. We love your smiles and giggles so much!

I took lots of pictures of you eating this month as you can see. This was a mandarin orange.

You are babbling alot. You say "Da-ddy" alot. I don't think you know what you are saying yet, but it sure is cute. Sometimes when you are upset, I'll hear you calling "mmmm." I wonder sometimes if you are trying to say Momma. This may be wishful thinking.

You like your exersaucer. It keeps you preoccupied while I'm in the kitchen. You think you can jump in it though. It is funny to watch you jump in it.

You are still nursing every four hours, 7:00, 11:00, 3:00, 7:00 and 9:00. I really load you up at night. You sleep pretty good. I have been having to put your pacy in several times at night lately, but have been willing to get up and do it since you have been sick. I need to stop doing this though. Oh, you are VERY easily distracted while I'm nursing. The big kids can hardly be around at all.

You are still eating cereal and fruit either in the morning around 8:00 or after lunch at 12 which ever fits with our schedule. You get a veggie and part of a fruit at night. I probably need to start doing 3 baby food meals a day, but our schedule is crazy some days. You are definitley eating more table foods though too.

You weighed 18 lbs 13 ozs last week when we went to the doctor. You are still in size 3 diapers and 6-12 months clothes. You wear size 2 shoe.

Layton - 8 months





Buddy, you are such a precious angel! We thank God that we have you!

1 comment:

Jessica Harriman said...

Jamie,
He is SO cute! I could just eat his cheeks! So glad he is home and healthy.