Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentines Day

We started getting ready for Valentine's Day back during all the snow. Hannah sat down one day and wrote all her 20 valentines for her class all by herself. This was so fun for me to see her do. She had the list of names of her classmates ready and thought about what she was going to write on each one.

By the way, she is definitely left-handed although she still uses her right hand some. She prefers to write with her left hand.


Here are a few of her valentines. I just got the biggest kick out of these!

Last Saturday, her Daddy took her on their annual Valentines date. First he got her flowers. He even bought this glitter to spray on them to make them pretty because he knew she would think that was cool. Here she is seeing her flowers.


She and her daddy have a really good relationship. He is super sweet to her.

I don't have any pictures from their date, but he took her to see Gnomeo and Juliet, to eat at Sakura (Japanese steakhouse), to get a mani/pedi, and then to this $1 Jewelry store to pick out a ring and necklace. I know she loved EVERY minute!!

Then, on Monday, at school, Hannah had her Valentines Party. I packed up the boys and went to help with it. I sent Hannah on into class and then went to the office to check in real quick. When I got back to her classroom, she was up at the front with her teacher, reading the story that she had written at home to her class. Hannah has gotten to be quite the author these days. I'd say making books is probably her favorite thing right now. Her teacher is SO good to let her share her stuff with her class. I think she has even taken her to one of the first grade teachers to let her show her book.


Lincoln makes himself right at home in Hannah's classroom. I appreciate her teacher so much for this. :-) He is usually pretty good for me.

The kids had several fun centers that day--a game and a couple of crafts. I helped the kids pass out all their valentines. Here is Hannah doing hers.


Her teacher made waffles for the kids at another center. They got to have whipped cream, sprinkles, and syrup. This coinsided with the Ready Freddy book that they are currently reading in class. They make waffles in the book for Valentines Day I think.

While I was helping the kids pass out all their valentines, I noticed that one little boy had little Ziploc bags about 1/3 of the way filled with candy for each of his classmates. I think their valentine was inside the bag. Well, there was one bag that was completely full of candy and this is what it said on the outside "To Hannah, From Your Secret Admirer". Cracked me up!!!! I took a picture of it and sent it to Kris. He texted back that he was not impressed! Ha!

No comments: