Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Our Valentine's officially started on Saturday afternoon when Kris and Hannah went on their special date.  He took her to see the new Chipmunk movie, to eat at Sakura (a Japanese Steakhouse that she loves), to the Dollar Jewelry store where she got a necklace and bracelet (she wanted to do this), and to Target to buy a movie (Peter Pan).  Think she has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger?  I'd say, yep. :-)

The boys and I met Uncle Jeff at Larry's Pizza for our own night of food and fun!
Layton loved the Ski Ball.  He didn't want to put the ball down.
Monday I made Cupid Crunch.  It is popcorn, Valentine M&Ms, peanuts, and Valentine candy corn covered in vanilla almond bark.  It was yummy!
This morning I made heart-shaped cinnamon rolls out of crescent rolls.  It was easy and the kids loved them!





We actually all got ready in time this morning to take a few pictures.  I had a hard time getting everybody to cooperate, but I got a few cute ones.


This one is so cute with Layton pinching Lincoln's nose.

This was the best picture that Lincoln took of Hannah and I.



I went to Lincoln's school party this morning.  They had a great time.  They started off by eating cupcakes.
They passed out their Valentines to their friends.
They played some super cute games.  This one was adorable and everyone loved it--especially all the parents and Ms. Stacey.  There were donuts spaced out along a string.  The kids had to put their hands behind their backs or in their pockets and try to be the first one to eat their donut.  They had a blast with this game!

Next, they had to carry a conversation heart on a popsicle stick over to a bucket without dropping it.
Then, one Mom threw a bunch of different colored paper hearts all around the room while the kids had their eyes closed.  Then, she told each child to go get two of a certain color heart.  They all had a letter of the alphabet written on them.  So, the kids had to work together to spell out the whole alphabet on the floor.  They all really got into this game too.

Finally, they were each given a conversation heart and told to lick off the writing as fast as they could so they could get a goody bag.  It was cute!
Lincoln licking his heart!
After school we came home and had heart shaped sandwiches for lunch.
This afternoon I worked on decorating heart-shaped sugar cookies for the kids to have as a snack when Hannah got home.  I had fun doing this and they were yummy.


Layton took about 2 bites of his and Lincoln maybe took three.  Hannah didn't want any because she wanted to eat some candy out of all the goodies she got at school.  Oh well.  Don't think I will go to so much trouble next year.
Hannah had a fun day at school.  I didn't go to her class party.  They made Sundaes.  She got lots of Valentines from her classmates.  She even got a special Valentine of a stuffed puppy and some Russel Stover Chocolates from one little boy in her class!  Yikes!!  I don't think she really knew what to think about it.  She said it was weird and giggled.  :)
I put together this table full of goodies for Kris.  Kind of cheesy, but hopefully he got the point.
Kris opened up the gummy bears as soon as he got home and then left the kitchen.  A few minutes later, I looked over at the table and found this little munchkin chowing down on some gummy bears.  He is such a cute little mess!!!
Hahaha!!!
We had breakfast for dinner tonight.  I wanted to make heart-shaped pancakes to carry on the heart-shaped theme for today, so Kris actually made them for me.
 We had pancakes, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon.  Delicious!
 I got some beautiful flowers and some chocolates from my Valentine!
 What a great day!!!  Happy Valentine's Day!!!!


No comments: