Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gearing up for Christmas and O's return

Friday night we finally worked on putting up our Christmas trees.  Hannah decorated hers by herself this year.  I didn't get a picture of the boys with theirs.  Layton couldn't figure out how to get the ornaments to stay on and got frustrated and Lincoln wasn't that interested.  Oh well.


I rented Arthur Christmas to watch after supper.  We popped popcorn and the kids watched the show while I worked on the big tree.



Then, before bed, we read the Elf on the Shelf book.  Such a cute story.  The kids were very excited to see our elf, O, the next morning!



O decided to make the kids breakfast Saturday morning.  He also brought a note from Santa.


He brought them Magic Tree Seeds (Notice I mistakenly wrote Magic Elf Seeds in the note and on the bag.  I guess I had elf on the brain.  It was like midnight when I finally finished everything, so I shouldn't be surprised! They didn't really notice and I just explained what O meant!)!  Ha!





He made Snowmen out of powdered doughnuts,


fruit skewers, pigs in a blanket, hot chocolate, and red Christmas punch (koolaid).


They were so surprised and loved it!!





Hannah read Santa's note to everyone.





Layton coloring his ornament O brought.




Then, they all put their ornaments on the tree!


That night the kids planted their Magic Tree Seeds in the sugar and went to bed wondering what was going to happen!



This is what they found the next morning!  Christmas Trees had grown!


LOVE!!!



They have really enjoyed looking for O each morning since.  Lincoln has been the first one up almost every morning since O got here, so he usually finds him first.


Here are a few places where he has been.


 


Layton thought the marshmallow bath was hilarious!!  I love this Elf on the Shelf tradition!!  It is SO much fun!!!


No comments: