Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jingle Bell Run 2012 - Part 2

Like I said before, we were more low-key this year with the Jingle Bell Run.  To me, it is hard asking our friends and family for money year after year.  However, I know it is for a very, very good cause.  We need to find a cure for this awful disease that affects so many people, young and old.  We are still so very thankful for all the support we get and even more that Hannah is still doing so well.  Sometimes I just can't believe it.  Sometimes I worry that it will come back.  I am just so grateful to God for keeping our girl healthy!!

As usual, we had to have the kids picture taken with Santa.  This Santa is awesome with his red sunglasses!! He remembered the kids from last year and commented on how much they had grown.  Ha!  I was so glad that no one had any problems sitting in his lap. 




Layton was so stinkin cute.  Oh my goodness!!!


Look at him looking at Santa!!



Precious precious!!




Lincoln was a bit nervous to talk to Santa.  Santa told him to put his hands down and tell him what he wanted for Christmas.  I love Lincoln's sweet face.




Hannah looks so big in Santa's lap!  The reality that there are probably only a few more years of this has hit me this year.  Unbelievable.





This years we got a lot of great help from some of the girls from the Young Professionals/Singles class at church.  They were so sweet to come and help serve Guillermo's Coffee. One of our elders from church owns this coffee shop and has donated coffee for the last couple of years.  Even on an unusually warm December day, the coffee and hot chocolate were a hit!


Family picture!  This was the first year I have actually gotten to run the 5K.  It was fun, but way harder than I thought.  I shouldn't have worn long sleeves.  It was SO hot!!


The kids ate and played before the race.  Layton loves candy canes and oranges.  He couldn't get enough.





Instead of playing in the bounce house, Hannah went and had her face painted.


I can not tell you how many orange slices this kid ate.  He just kept going back over and over again to the table to get more.


Craig O'Neal from Channel 11 getting everyone warmed up before the race started.



Kris walked the 1 mile walk with the kids. They walked through the Heifer Project grounds and got to see several animals.




Me about to finish the race.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I ran my fastest time, so that felt good.



Again, thanks to our family and friends for all their support over these last 5 years.  Keep praying for Hannah!  We are so grateful!

No comments: