Tuesday, September 8, 2015

9th Week of Summer - August 2nd-August 8th

I have been on a WWII kick for a while now.  I am fascinated by it.  A friend of mine let me borrow this book and I absolutely loved it.  We watched Band of Brothers and I fell in love with Dick Winters in it.  After reading his book, I am more amazed at what he and others did for our country and to stop Hitler.  Such bravery.  I know I definitely have more appreciation for our military after watching the series and reading the things I have read lately.


During Life Group this week, Hannah and Kenzie wrapped up our last beatitude.



Laying in the floor to watch a quick video.


We bought school shoes and Layton was crazy over his!!  He wore them constantly for a few days.  This pic was either first thing in the morning before getting dressed or at night after he'd had a bath.


A friend of ours gave us this awesome bed from Pottery Barn.  We had our friend, Debbie, paint it black for us.  Hannah now has a great trundle bed!!  She loves it!


I worked in my room some this week and finished my main project.  I love how it turned out!!  I hope the kids love it too!  My plan is to have them gather around my tree for our lessons.


I had a couple of back-to-back tennis games on Tuesday night.  This was a late night for the kids, but they always have such fun with the Landrums.


On Friday we found out who the kids' teachers will be this year.  We had been at the pool with our friends before this and met up with them again at the school.  I was disappointed that Lincoln and Jack didn't get in the same class.  But he got a good teacher.  I actually already knew her through a mutual friend, so I think he is going to have a great year!  Hannah's homeroom teacher is super nice.  She will have all four of the 5th grade teachers though.  She "switches" classes this year which is new for her.


Finally, on Saturday morning I tried my hand at some cinnamon/sugar scones.  I had never made scones before.  Everyone loved them!!  Sometimes I just get in a cooking mood and go figure out something new I can make.  Ha!


No comments: