Sunday, May 1, 2016

All About April

April has been a busy busy month.  We went to Kansas City the first weekend.  For some reason I don't have any pictures from that.  Baseball games started.  Tennis games started.  Some nights we would have 2 games at 2 different places at the same time.  Life got a little crazy.  

I had 2 baby showers.  I went to the Women Walking With God Conference in Wichita.  Kris took a trip by himself to KC to deliver a mattress to his parents.  Top all this off with the fact that I was working hard and heavy on my preschool program stuff and let's just say I was SO glad to get this month over with.

Here are just some sweet moments that I want to remember.

My little shopping buddy and I did lots of running around this month trying to finish decorating the babies room among other things.  He saw this rock outside of Target and wanted his sweet picture made.  


Just a picture on the playground at school.


My last day of work was April 29th.  I had to get everything done for the program that I could before that date.  Kris helped me come up with a backdrop for the program.  The theme is "This Little Light of Mine" so I had the idea to make a big sun background.  Kris figured out how to make it happen using pvc pipe.  This was him trying to figure out what all pieces he was going to need in Lowe's.


Done.  All I had to do was make my sun and get this big thing to the school.  Luckily he made it to come apart where there were 2 big pieces--the arch and the base.


In Life Group Collin brought Bean Boozled to bring home a lesson on the Fruit of the Spirit.  We had lots of good laughs as different ones had their pick of jelly bean and then got to see if it was a good one or a bad one.











Hannah went to Band Night this month.  They got to try any instrument that they wanted.  She would only try the saxophone, clarinet, and trumpet.  The teacher rated them on a scale of 1 to 10 on how well they did.  Then, the student had to rate their top 3 instruments.  Hannah picked the trumpet first, then the clarinet and saxophone.  They have to wait until mid May to find out which instrument they will play.  The band directors pick it for them based on their assessment and the kids' choice.



We practiced the program several times at school this month.




And I worked hard on painting my sun.



Adding the streamers was a long and tedious task but it ended up looking pretty good.  Boy was I glad that it was over.  On top of working on this, I made 35 individual photo books for all the kids.  It was time consuming but I love the way they came out.  I used Walgreens and got a great deal.  I can't wait for their parents to see them.




My last day of school I planned a fun scavenger hunt for the kids.  They went all over the school following the clues.  I think they liked it.  They got treasure at the end.

My clues.  They did really good figuring out where to go next.





 This is random but Tim Sitler sent me a text with this ad that was in the Kids Directory this month.  Almost our entire family was in the picture.  :-)



 Like I said, I am so glad to get April over with.  May brings the promise of a new baby at some point and I can hardly wait!!!



No comments: