Monday, May 30, 2016

Layton's Preschool Program

Layton had his end of the school year preschool program on May 18th.  I was SO hoping I would be able to be there for it and luckily I got to.  Ledger was 6 days old, but we went.  I had worked really hard to get things ready for this program and was so excited to hear the kids sing their songs.  I was so thankful to Erica for being there to take my place and lead everything.  I still can't believe just how everything worked out so well.  She was the music teacher last year and quit because she thought she was moving.  However, things changed and she didn't end up moving afterall.  I already had the job, though.  So, she was able to help me out throughout the year when I needed advice.  Once I found out that I was pregnant and wouldn't be coming back, it was so perfect that she was going to be able to step right back into her old job again.  

I loved all the songs for this program.  They were easy songs and the kids actually loved singing them which made all the difference when it came to learning them.  The first one was "This Little Light of Mine."


They all held up little tea lights that were not lit.  After the song was over, a couple of the kids had speaking parts where they commented about their lights not working.  This led into them talking about how in order for their lights to shine, they have to be plugged in and turned on for Jesus.


Everyone of those kids was singing their little hearts out.  It was beyond precious.


I posted pictures of the pvc pipe I used to make the big sun in another post.  Adding the yellow and orange streamers and painting the big cardboard sun in the middle was HARD.  It wasn't perfect, but I was happy with it.  Trying to do all that while being 8 months pregnant was not easy and I had to let go of some of my perfectionism and just get it done.  It was a great bright back ground for the program so it worked.







At the very end they threw their hands up and shouted "Let it shine!"


After this song a few of the kids including Layton had speaking parts.  They talked about how Jesus is the light.




Then his class sang a song called "He is the Light."









Next, the 4 year old class sang "Shine Jesus Shine."



Then, the 3 year old class sang "Show Me How."  I loved watching Harper, the little boy in the orange shirt, sing this song.  He sang his heart out.  His momma is Ms. Cassie who taught the 4 year old class.  We couldn't help but get tickled at him.






The finale was "I Saw the Light."  It was the perfect ending song and the kids loved it.  

They actually sang all these songs better during practice.  I think that their excitement and not being able to hear the music well enough caused them to be a little off.  But it was still super cute and I was SO proud of them all!


After all the songs was graduation.  Layton just had the best year and the best teacher.  Ms. Tata was wonderful.  I am so glad that he got to do this extra year of preschool.







Comparison of his first and last days of school.


He looks so much bigger to me!




Before I quit, I made 35 individual photo books for the kids to give their parents.  It was a lot of work, but they turned out super cute.  They only ended up costing $7 each through Walgreens.




Ledger and I with Lily and Phillip after the program.



After the program Ledger and I went to lunch with Vickie, Tonya, Cassie, Lori, and Erica.  I had the best time and just the best year.  I feel so blessed to know each one of these women.




No comments: