Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Random Pics

January was full of lots of randomness.  Lincoln played basketball through the Bryant Parks and Rec this year because there wasn't an Upward team out our way.  It was very different.  The competition was more and it was full court with 10 foot goals as well.  This was a big difference from last year for Linc.  He wasn't on an especially great team either, so it was kind of a hard year.  However, he still loves basketball, worked hard, and seemed to have a good time.


He still enjoys making things all the time.  I wish I had a picture of all the things that he has duct taped to his bicycle lately.  His mind is always moving.


Hannah has become quite the little seamstress.  She has enjoyed using her new sewing machine and made herself a little purse for her IPod one day.  Super proud of her.


I took this cute picture one morning before school.  Layton has given Dash a bit more attention lately which makes me happy.


We are still loving our Life Group.  I love how our guys put a lot of effort into teaching our kids.  We are still on the Fruits of the Spirit.  I don't recall which one this was but Jason did a great job as always!


I snapped this picture of Mrs. Tata reading to Layton's class one day while I was waiting to take them to my class.  She is such an awesome teacher and Layton sure has been blessed to have her this year.


I think this particular week was L week and I told the story of the Lost Sheep.  We had a relay race to see who could find a lost dime in a box of rice first.  The first team to find 10 dimes won.


They had a lot of fun!




Later that week we played the Limbo.  I got lots of cute pics of the kids having to go under the bar in different ways like doing the crab crawl or crawling on their bellies.




We celebrated Jeff's birthday in January with dinner at our house with Mimi and Pappaw.



I got him a few little knick knacks to help decorate his house.  He had just gotten new living room furniture and he needs a bit of a woman's touch!  Ha!



More sewing by Hannah.  I think this time she made a pillow out of some old fabric that I had used years ago to make a diaper bag for her.


Movie day at school for M week.


Somewhere in January we had a snow day.  The kids ate it up while they could and were so excited to get to test out the new sleds they got for Christmas.









More fun Life Group Lessons.  This time is was by Joe.



Layton led the prayer that night.  :-)


No comments: