Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter Weekend

We went to Dallas to visit Wes over Easter weekend.  To break up the trip a bit, we stayed with Mom and Dad Friday night and then got up early Saturday morning and drove to Dallas.  We ate lunch at a place called Cowboy Chicken where they serve wood-fired rotisserie chicken dishes.  It was pretty good.  Then, we headed over to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.



Inside up on the ceiling they had the coolest video playing.





We were SO excited that President Bush's Portraits of Courage were on display.  I bought a copy of his book for my Dad as an early Father's Day present a while back and got myself a copy as well.  I read quite a few of the stories behind the pictures on the drive to Dallas, so it was really neat to see the portraits in person.  I think this was such a wonderful way to honor these soldiers.










We toured the museum as well.  I love this statement.



A piece of one of the World Trade Centers after 911.


Lincoln watching a video.  They had several videos to watch about different parts of his presidency.






All of us sitting in a replica of the Oval Office when Bush was President.  I really enjoyed his Library and Museum and I am glad we got to go to it.


For dinner, Wes took us to West Village where we ate at Taco Diner.






Then, we walked around a bit and enjoyed the scenery.


The next morning was Easter.  I didn't want to have to bring their baskets, so I made do with gift sacks.  Ha!  The Tim Tams were for Kris and I.  :-)


Ledger checking out his stuff from the Easter Bunny.


Hannah got her Inktense pencils that she had been wanting.




Ready to eat, I guess.


Yes, new underwear.  Ha!  He was actually happy!  There was other fun stuff in there too I must say!



Time to start learning about our body, Linc!  Ha!  His face kills me.  He did get other fun stuff too.


Probably the best picture of the day.  I tried and tried to get a good one of all 6 of us and I never did like any of them.  My kids frustrate me when it comes to getting a good family picture.


I love this one of Mom and Dad with the kids.



We went to church with Wes that morning and then took some more pictures afterwards.


We ran back to the hotel to change before going to eat some yummy BBQ.  Ledger fell asleep on the way there and slept for a bit while we changed.


It was a fun weekend visiting Wes.  We don't need to wait so long to go back!

No comments: