Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Secret Keeper Girls

One of the moms at church a while back mentioned to me about this event that she was taking her daughters to.  It was called Secret Keeper Girls.  It is a program to bring moms and daughters closer together and closer to Jesus.  Well, Hannah and I have had our share of struggles lately and I thought this would be good for us.  A big part of the emphasis at this event was on modesty which is something that is always good to talk about.




They had some little tests that they shared that would help you decide if something was modest or not.  The first one was the "I See London, I See France" test.  If you bend over in a dress and you can see your underwear, your dress is too short.  The next one was "Criss-Cross Applesauce".  You can sit with your legs criss-crossed to tell if your shorts are too short.  Finally, there is the "Spring Valley" test.  If you push the side of your hand in the middle of your chest and your shirt bounces back at you, then your shirt is too tight.  I thought these were good things to know!  They had a little fashion show after talking about these things where they showed some ways to make outfits more modest.

 They also had some great lessons and singing.  The age range of this program was 7 to 12, so Hannah was on the upper end of it.  It is definitely geared towards the younger girls in many ways, but hopefully Hannah got some good things from it.


I am glad we did it together.  Our relationship is so special to me.  She is growing up and wanting more and more independence.  It is hard sometimes, and we butt heads.  However, I pray every day that she knows my love for her and that God will give me wisdom as I try to be her mom!!!


No comments: