Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Ledger at 11 months

We are almost to ONE!!  Ledger is 11 months old.  He is doing all kinds of things.  He loves balls.  He started playing Peekaboo.  He pulled up on the couch.  He will blow us kisses at bedtime.  We are working on his animal sounds.  He will make a sound like a dog when I ask him what the puppy dog says.  He will do "baaaa" for sheep and "mooo" for cow on occasion.  He still loves Dash and points outside and makes sounds when he sees him out there.

Ledger can point to his teeth when you ask him where they are.  He will grab at his diaper when you ask him if he is stinky.  He knows what I say when I tell him no.  He gets upset when he gets told no about something.  He knows to clap his hands when you ask him to.  His faces crack us and other people up.  People at church make comments about the faces he makes a lot.  He is quite animated.  His frowny face is my favorite!

Ledger is still in size 4 diapers.  He is wearing 12-18 months clothes and size 4 shoe.  He got his 5th tooth on March 15th.  It was his top right lateral incisor.

He is eating great.  He still nurses 4 times a day, 7:00, 11:00, 4:00, and 8:00ish.  He is eating mostly table foods.  He loves bananas, strawberries, apricots, mangos, and oranges.  He also likes gold fish, spaghetti, most veggies, peanut butter sandwiches, scrambled eggs, and string cheese.  So far there hasn't been much he won't eat.  He drinks water out of a straw sippy cup. We haven't given him anything else yet like milk or juice.

Ledger loves to read/look at books.  I am thrilled with this because my other boys had a hard time sitting still when I would want to read to them.  I really hope he continues to let me read to him.  He gets excited when it is time to sit and read and sad when I get finished.  He loves for me to sing songs like "The Wheels on the Bus" (his favorite), "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "If You're Happy And You Know It", "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands", "Trot to Boston", etc.  We sing a lot.  I think this is why he likes Bible Class so much!  They have told me that he will dance in there.  Ha!

I rock him to sleep most days for his nap.  I probably need to start trying to put him down awake, but I haven't wanted to fight it and he is so sweet that I have enjoyed rocking him.  At night it is the same.  Most of the time he falls asleep after nursing.  We may have some work ahead of us, but right now I am enjoying just the way things are.  He takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap that may last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.  He sleeps from about 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.  

We were at Target one day and I was asking him if he could say certain words.  He said "Sissy" pretty plainly and so I tried to get him to say it again on video.  These are some of his first words/sounds.



These monthly pictures are getting super hard to take.  He doesn't want to sit still for me at all.  Here is my boy at 11 months!



No comments: