Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Stuff

This Christmas was a little more low key I would say.  I didn't do a lot of extra stuff.  It was kind of nice because I wasn't stressed about trying to fit a bunch of stuff in.  We did what we did and it was enough.  

One of the first things we did was get the tree and all the Christmas decor up.  This can be quite a task.  Layton and Ledger were my most enthusiastic helpers.  Hannah and Lincoln did it because I begged them to!  I am just being honest.  That is where we are!






Ledger liked being able to climb on the step stool.







Christmas usually brings with it colder weather.  Therefore, we needed more fire wood.  Kris got some from my dad and Layton helped him unload it one afternoon.  Layton just loves to help his dad.  He was very into the fire this year as well.  He thought he should be able to put the logs on the fire and constantly wanted to be tending it.  Kris had to reign him in a bit on that, but he is such a great helper!



We did go get hot chocolate (or in some of our kids cases, a drink from Starbucks) and drove around looking at Christmas lights one night.  This is becoming a little tradition.



I didn't get around to making sugar cookies with the kids or doing Gingerbread houses.  It just didn't happen.  They rarely eat the sugar cookies, honestly.  It is just not their thing.  I always have enjoyed making and decorating them with them every year, but this year I just didn't mess with it.  Hannah did get a hankering for Mimi's chocolate chip cookies and made some of those all by herself.



I included this picture because I found Lincoln like this one night.  Seriously, this kid and his hats.  ;-)


We had our Christmas Favorite Things Bunko at Carrie's house.  We had finger foods.  I always love this bunko.  It is so fun.  We invited our subs this year, so we had more people which was great!  The gifts were awesome too!



Hannah went to a little Winter Dance with Ross and Bella that the Boys & Girls Club had.  I don't think she was too impressed with it.  She said some of the music had cuss words in it which she (nor I) didn't care for.  But she did enjoy being with her friends.


Ross is our neighbor two doors down.  They both play trumpet, and they run in the same circle at school.  They are just friends. :-)


She was excited to get to be around Bella.  Bella is her friend that started being homeschooled.  She loves opportunities to get to hang out with her.


Another one of Hannah's friends, Taylor, had a little Christmas party one Sunday afternoon with a group of their friends.


They played games and had a Gingerbread house contest.


Finally, here was our Christmas card this year.  Turned out pretty cute!  Ledger's bow tie kills me!



No comments: