Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Ledger is TWO!!

Oh my sweet boy!  I can't believe he is TWO!!!  What a joy he is to our family!  These last two years have just been so much fun watching him grow and change.  The kids are especially enjoying each age and just love him so much.

So I don't forget some of the things he is up to at two, here is all about Ledger at two years old:

On April 26th, he said the best prayer at lunch.  It was just he and I.  He said, "Dear God, Mimi, Pappaw, Daddy, shop (daddy's workshop), bubba, Hannah, ba (drink), baby (mean him), momma, food, Amen."  And he held my hand.  I loved it so much!  Then, that night at dinner he said another good one.  He said, "Dear God, Amy (Amy Cheesman), Mimi, Pappaw, Uncle Jeffy, momma, daddy, dinkin (Lincoln), Hannah, land, Amen."  Just precious.

I recently heard him in another room yell "Momma, are you??"  He was saying "Momma, where are you?"  Ha!  So cute!

He is not eating a ton of meat right now.  It is not his favorite food.  He loves veggies though and just about any fruit.  He still only really drinks milk and water.  I have tried to stay away from juice with him.  

He wants to do things by himself.  If I ask him if I can help, he says, "no" and usually does it himself.

Ledger loves to climb stairs and is getting pretty good at it.  I make him hold my hand in the parking lots.  I told him that the cars might get him if he didn't.  He understands this and usually obeys.  The other day he started running and said "cars get me!"  He is putting 2-3 words together now.

He said "Get this off" the other day while taking a sticker off a ladder.

Cars and trucks are his favorite toys.  He loves his new wagon that he got at a garage sale a few weeks ago.  We go for walks/rides in it around the neighborhood.  He is also really into construction trucks.  He loves diggers and dozers and of course tractors.

One day he was climbing up and down our little step ladder.  He would say "Watch this!" and then say "Boom" when he landed on the ground.  Ha!

We have this little inside joke where we look at each other and say "spoon!"  Then he cuts his eyes at me.  He just laughs and laughs at this.

Soccer ball is his favorite word right now because Layton has been playing soccer.

He calls birthday "hat day" which I love!

Ledger can say "Layton" (Yayton) and Lincoln (dinkin) and Hannah.

He will occasionally tell me "poop" after he has gone.  He doesn't care for diaper changes.

We still have our same bedtime routine.  I love it so much.  I read him several books and then sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Kum By Ya" and put him down.  Sometimes I sing "How Great Thou Art" too.  He likes this one.  Most nights his little eyes start to close by the time I get to "Kum By Ya."  He is a wonderful sleeper!  His bedtime is 8:00 p.m. and he sleeps till about 6:00 a.m.  He naps once a day from about 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.

Reading is another one of his favorite things.  He knows some of the books by heart.  He really loves books.

He loves bath time and I love the time to watch him play and talk.

He picks up on so much around here and is just a little sponge.

This is him trying to hold up two fingers!



Ledger, you are one fantastic little boy!!!  We are SO glad God gave you to us to love and we sure do love you!!  Happy Birthday Buddy!!!


No comments: