Wednesday, August 15, 2018

First Day of School at CAC 2018-2019

We made the decision back in May to switch schools.  Our summer flew by with moving and activities.  I can't believe it is already time for school to start.  Layton had supply drop off day where he came to see his school supplies (I ordered them online and they were delivered to the school.) and meet his teacher, Mrs. Stripling.  We already know Mrs. Stripling from church, but it was good for us to get to talk to her and for him to see his classroom. 



The first day of school was on Monday, the 13th.  The Paynes left early the same morning so it was a bit crazy, but I was bound and determined to get my first day of school pictures and I did.





Layton--2nd grade, age 8.


Lincoln--6th grade, age 11.





Hannah--8th grade, age 13.



Ledger had to be in the pictures too.  He is two years old!






Everyone was all smiles, but I know there were some nerves as well, especially for Hannah.  This was the first time I have ever not walked them into school, I think.  I know it is for Lincoln.  I may have just dropped Hannah off last year.  It just felt different this time I guess because it was so new.




Layton and Mrs. Stripling.


Layton with his best buddy, Connor.  They are too cute.


SO glad he already has some friends.


Ledger and I went to our first chapel with Layton.




Mrs. Cruce, the principal.


On his way to his first day!



The boys had great days!  Hannah's was tough.  Her age, being a girl, and the fact that she really didn't want to switch schools and misses her friends, made it difficult, I think.  It was hard for me to see her struggle.  But I am so excited for our family and know that God put us here.  He will see us through the easy and the hard if we just rely on Him.  Looking forward to a GREAT year!!!

No comments: