Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Hannah!

It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing Hannah home from the hospital.



She was just precious! I couldn't have asked for things to have gone better during delivery. It was so hard to believe that she was here and a real part of our family now. She was so tiny weighing just 6 lbs. She was a really good baby.
She grew so fast. I decided I wanted to see how she changed month to month. So, I took a picture of her every month on the 8th day of the month for her first 2 years!!! It is so neat to see how she has grown up. You can see her grow up before your very eyes!!!

First Year














Year Two















Well, today she is 3 years old! Here are pictures from her birthday weekend:









































She had so much fun! My parents came up from Texarkana and Uncle Wes and Tandy came up from Dallas. Uncle Jeff came over too. Tandy's birthday was on Saturday, so we celebrated it on Friday night with some chicken spaghetti and dessert pizza. Then, Saturday we went down to the River Market and walked around and ate lunch. While Hannah napped that afternoon, we hung streamers and balloons and decorated the table with a Dora tablecloth, Dora plates, and Dora napkins. We had tacos, cheese dip, quacamole, and refried beans for supper. I made a Dora cake for Hannah. When it came time to blow out her candles, she got all shy on us and didn't want to do it. However, she really liked the cake. She kept calling it bread for some reason. She'd say, "I want some more bread." Cute! After cake, she opened TONS of presents! She got a lot of Dora stuff--unbrella, pajamas, puzzle, memory game, houseshoes, shirt, watch, movie, backpack, and stickers. She got some clothes, Candy Land game, a vacuum, a Leap Frog DVD, a little baby doll, some skates, and an easel. I'm sure I left out something! She had the best time! Thanks Mom, Dad, Wes, Jeff, and Tandy for making her birthday so special!
Happy Birthday Hannah! I love you!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Jamie, You did great on that cake. That turned out really cute. Looks like it was lots of fun. Happy Birthday Hannah!

Nathan said...

Man, seeing those pictures of Hannah growing up really made me sad. It's amazing to think that we've been here for all those pictures and how fast she has grown up. I can't imagine how fast Benson's going to grow up. She's a beatiful young woman now.

kristen g. said...

I loved seeing all the pictures of Hannah from every month. She is such a little doll!

The Warriors said...

You totally inspired me to start taking pictures of Lydia every month! What a treasure to have...