Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Join Us for the Jingle Bell Run/Walk

Some of you have already seen this in an email that we sent out, but I had to put this out here for all you other readers out there whoever you may be!

Since we found out at the beginning of the year that Hannah had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA), I have struggled not really knowing what to do. It has been a difficult year for us. Sometimes I find myself asking God why this is going on in my life? I have been sad, mad, confused, frustrated, angry, overwhelmed, depressed, tired--you name it. However, today I am feeling optimistic, encouraged, blessed, excited, overwhelmed, thankful, and humbled. Can you tell I am a VERY emotional person? Ha!

I remember reading about the Arthritis Foundations Jingle Bell Walk/Run back when we were first researching arthritis. I had kind of forgotten about it until bunko the other night when someone brought it up. So, I went home and talked to Kris about it and we decided that we wanted to try to get a team going. So, we came up with a silly name, Little Hannah Who and the Grinch, created our team webpage, and have started telling everyone about it. We have been blown away by the support we have gotten in just one day!!!! THANK YOU!! The race is not until December 1st, so there is plenty of time to get more support! The money goes to the Arkansas Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation. So, THIS IS YOUR INVITATION!

Please Join Hannah for the Jingle Bell 5k Run/Walk
To Benefit the Arthritis Foundation
on
Saturday, December 1, 2007
at
11:00 a.m.
at the River Market Area

The festivities actually begin at 9 a.m. with registration, fruit, orange juice, and coffee. You can also get your (or your kiddos) picture made with Santa. There is also a costume contest if you want to dress up with a Christmas theme. After the race, pizza, chips and salsa, and soft drinks will be served. Sounds yummy to me!

The cost to join our team is $20 which will get you some jingle bells for your shoes, a T-shirt, and a goody bag. You can also make a donation to the Arthritis Foundation if you so chose.

We are SO excited about this and greatly appreciate any support you can give! Here is a link to our team page

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the name of the team. We will be there with bells on at the race with you. Love you guys

Matt and Rachel said...

What a great idea! We're planning on being there, too! Miss seeing you --

rachel

Shannon said...

Would you mind posting this info on the MUGG blog? Talk to you soon! Shannon

JoEllyn said...

I am looking forward to it!!

Jill said...

We would love to join you guys, but Tim is running in the St. Jude's half marathon that day in Memphis. We will for sure catch you next year. Have fun!