Monday, November 26, 2007

Lincoln is 10 months!



Lincoln was 10 months old last week. Amazing! Here is the latest on him:

One of his favorite toys are his socks. He loves to pull them off and bite on them. He likes anything of Hannah's that he can find. He likes to bang things on hard floors. He gets a kick out of this. He, like many of his little friends, loves to try to yank cords out of the wall sockets. He can spend forever playing with an empty coke bottle as I learned this weekend. I think his most favorite toys are still balls. He LOVES balls. He'll throw them, crawl to get them, and then do it over and over again. I'm ready for him to get into cars, trucks, and trains! I hope he likes them, cause he's getting alot of them from Santa!

Lincoln has never really been too thrilled about me singing to him or reading to him. He has to be REALLY sleepy to be still long enough to let me sing. (I love to sing to my babies so this is sometimes hard for me.) But I've finally found a book that he will sit still and listen to--Dr. Seuss' Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You book. He loves listening to all the sounds in that book, especially the BOOM BOOM and the SPLATT SPLATT. He giggles.

Lincoln is a little pig! When we put him in his high chair, he starts saying, "Naa" which is his word for "more." He gets really excited about eating. The other day for breakfast he nursed, ate half a thing of yogurt, and a whole waffle. That boy can put it away! Some of his favorite foods are broccoli (for real), green beans, any kind of potato, mac and cheese, and any kind of bread. We are still working on the sippy cup. He'd rather bite on it than drink anything out of it.

Lincoln is getting pretty fast at crawling. He can crawl holding a ball in each hand. It's funny! He pulls up, but mostly to his knees. He seems content to do this right now and isn't real interested in standing a whole lot.

Lincoln laughs all the time. He likes to give those big, wet, slobbery kisses on your mouth. Sometimes he thinks he's kissing me, but he bites. It hurts. He bites alot actually.

Bathtime is fun! He loves to splash and kick his feet. I love to watch him in the bath tub. He is so cute and so happy.

Lincoln hates his changing table, always has. He hates to be dressed or undressed. This is not a very pleasant time for us. He wiggles all over the place too.

Linc still just has 7 teeth. Don't know where that 8th one is.

His favorite words are mama, dada, bye bye, and ball. He jabbers lots of other stuff too.

Well, that's the run down on my little sweetheart! He is a joy. I am thankful God brought him into my life when he did. I need his sweetness, love his hugs, and cherish every moment I have with him while he is my baby.


No comments: