Sunday, November 18, 2007

My little momma

Hannah has really been playing with her baby dolls alot lately. I had alot of baby doll clothes that I used to play with when I was little that I have let her play with. She is really into dressing her babies right now. She has a little trouble doing some of it on her own, so I have to help her quite frequently. She will put on 3 or 4 pairs of bloomers on the baby and a couple of shirts/dresses. It cracks me up. She loves to get out her iron and iron her baby's clothes, especially when I am ironing. She can be very meticulous about this. She will iron a little dress, lay it down, smooth it out, iron another one, lay it on top of the other one, smooth it out, and so on. You wouldn't believe how long she can keep herself busy doing this!!!!

The other day, I came into the living room and caught her coloring with her baby and teaching her baby to color. I can't remember what she was saying, but she was just talking away.



This is Hannah showing her baby how to hold the crayon.

This is a picture of Hannah feeding her baby like mommy feeds Lincoln. She has to "do both sides" when she feeds her she tells me. She had been feeding her for a while, when all of a sudden we heard her say, "Baby, don't bite!!!" Of course she got this from me! Lincoln is a biter! He loves to bite us when we are holding him or on the floor with him, just about any time, especially when he is nursing! A little while later, I went into Lincoln's room and found Hannah in the rocking chair. She was, again, feeding her baby. She whispered to me, "She's eating. Close the door." Again, she got this from me! Sometimes I have to go into Lincoln's room to nurse because he gets so distracted. She will continuously open the bedroom door and start talking to me while I'm nursing and I'll tell her that I'm feeding Lincoln, please close the door, I'll be done in a minute.

This is a video from today. It is hard to hear her talking because of the background noise. She says she is feeding her baby milk, that she needs to feed it some baby food, something about her doctor kit and her kitchen. Then, she decides it is time to burp the baby. I think you can hear her when she starts burping her baby. She makes a sound for the baby burping. Cracks me up!!!



Hannah loves to help me in the mornings with breakfast. She likes to sit up on the counter and help or watch. This particular morning we were having scrambled eggs. I put the eggs in the bowl, scrambled them, and added some salt and pepper. I turned around to do something else for a minute and when I got back to the eggs, this is what they looked like.

I don't know how much salt and pepper she added. I didn't dare try to eat them! She just wanted to help!!!


Kids are so impressionable!!! It is AMAZING what they say and do because YOU said it or did it!!! I can't get over how much Hannah imitates me. She imitates the good AND the bad. It is scary sometimes!! She definitely keeps me on my toes!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!!Hannah is just a little you, Jamie!! I love the nursing and all the little things she has picked up from you. She is amazing, and so are you!!

Little Rock Real Estate said...

She is so sweet. Teaching her baby. You must be a great mommy. She has learned a lot.

Shelly Dahl