Thursday, June 3, 2010

35 weeks

Another week gone by!!! Yeah!! I feel so pregnant. I AM so pregnant! A lady saw me today at Hannah's dr appointment and said, "Girl, you're about to pop!" She is right!

I am trying to weather this heat. It has REALLY turned off hot here this week. We went to Wild River Country on Saturday and on Monday and we just got back from going again today. This was the first time for me to go by myself with the kids and it was so much fun!!! We played in the kiddy pool for a while, but they just kept begging to go in the big pool. So, we put on our floaties and I told them that we could do it as long as I could handle it and it wasn't too hard for me. I was able to handle it fine and they got to really work on their swimming--with the floaties on. Hannah is doing really well with it. Lincoln I have to watch closer, but he is starting to get it as well. They also loved having the big waves splash them in the face at the wave pool. At the end, we went on the lazy river. I just walked it so I could watch them better. They can touch in there and so they both ended up walking it. Towards the end, Lincoln was diving into the water with his hands out in front of him, going under water, and loving it! I couldn't believe it. We are having so much fun at Wild River Country! Once today, Lincoln said something about the baby swimming. I told him that yes, Hokie, was swimming in my tummy. He said he needed to share his swimsuit with him. I told him that he was swimming naked. He laughed and then said something about his swimsuit not fitting him cause he was too little. He is really thinking about his baby brother these days. He makes more comments than Hannah does about him. Hannah has taken to playing with her babies more though. She is going to be such a big help and I know she will want to hold the baby alot!! I just can't wait!

I went to the doctor yesterday. I'd gained 2 lbs in 3 weeks. I was surprised about this. I feel like I am still eating alot! The doctor checked me for the first time and I was dialated 1 cm and "not very thin" she said. She also said that he was head-down, which I was so glad to hear! Next week she will hopefully be able to give me some idea about how big he is. I am anxious to hear what she thinks. She asked me about my previous labors and I told her that they were both pretty fast. She said we may want to induce then to make sure I make it to the hospital. I told her that I'd really like to go into labor on my own though. I'm not really into being induced. Yes, it would be convenient, but I really love the surprise of going into labor and I want him to be inside me until he is ready to come out! It will be soon enough.

Hokie is about 5 1/4 lbs which is about the weight of a honeydew melon. He is around 18 inches long and is running out of room in there. I am feeling more hiccups lately and the kids have even felt them. The Braxton Hicks seem to be more often and a little stronger as well. I know he is getting ready in there. We still have a few things to do to be ready on this side! Hopefully we will get there soon!




No comments: