Thursday, June 10, 2010

36 weeks

Tuesday I was 36 weeks. Finally down to that last month! I went to the doctor today and was quite shocked. Last week I was 1 cm dialated and not effaced at all. This week I was almost 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced! Quite a bit of progress in my mind for just 1 week. Kris and I both thought there would probably be no change. We were wrong. The doctor asked me if I've been having contractions. I told her that I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks. I was just telling Kris earlier this week that I was really noticing the contractions. They were strong, didn't hurt, but were uncomfortable sometimes. I don't remember having this many and this kind with the other two kids. I asked her if this really mattered or if they had to hurt to be the real thing. She was kind of like "not necessarily with a third baby." Really??? This was a little scary. However, the key will be whether they are regular or not I think. So, I guess I've really got to pay attention to them from now on.

She said that she could feel his head as well. So, I assume he is fairly low and in position. She felt of my tummy and guessed that he would be in the low to mid 7 lb range at birth. I can handle that. :) Hannah was 6lbs and Lincoln was 7 lbs 14 oz. It will be interesting to see if she is right on his size. I also had gained 4 lbs this last week! I thought this was hilarious! I told them it was all the VBS refreshments that I've been eating this week! Seriously, they were yummy! I tested positive for Group B Strep so I'll have to have the antibiotics during labor.

This was a bit of a wake up call for me--and Kris I think. This little guy may not stay in there much longer. I don't know what to think. I don't want him to come too early. We are definitely not quite ready. After this weekend, when we send the kids to my parents, though, I'll feel A LOT better. Our plans are to get things out of the attic, finish the decorations, go buy some of the things we think we're going to need, and get my bag packed. Hopefully we can do some relaxing in there as well. I'm going to have to make myself take it a little bit easier from now on. This is hard for me. I am having a lot of heartburn these days and I am feeling a lot of big movements. I am still very sore. It takes so much effort and quite a bit of pain to switch sides at night. Ugh. That is not fun.

According to Babycenter.com, Hokie is almost 6 lbs and is gaining about an ounce a day. He is about the size of a crenshaw melon. Don't know what that is. He is about 18 1/2 inches long. Kris and I were watching my belly move the other night and he thinks that it is gross. He says it looks like there is an alien in there. Ha! I think it is the neatest thing ever! Lincoln asks me multiple times a day, "When's my baby coming out?" He calls him "my baby." So cute! Hannah knows that Mommy and Daddy are going to be getting ready for Hokie this weekend while she and Linc are at Mimi and Pappaw's. I think they know it is getting close. You can feel the excitement!

So, my sweet little one, I can not wait to see you, BUT please stay in there for as long as you need! We are praying for you to be healthy and are willing to wait a few more weeks!



No comments: