Friday, June 18, 2010

Getting Ready for Hokie!

I feel like I have been getting ready for this little guy for FOREVER! By getting ready I mean, making things, figuring out room stuff, etc. Over the last few months, I have been in the sewing mood. So, here are some of the things I've made. First, a new diaper bag. I made one for Lincoln just like it that had cowboys on it. I like this bag because it can be reversed and it has a lot of pockets inside. It is also quite easy to make.

The inside of the bag with all the pockets.

I had a bunch of onesies that were Lincoln's that were just plain. I figured out simple ways to spruce them up a bit. These two I just bought iron-ons for. Easy.

Got this idea off the internet. I made a tie with some fabric I had and then ironed it on.

I have made quite a few burp cloths--not all for Hokie. I've made some for friends who have had babies. Wish I'd taken pictures of them. They turned out really cute. These are the ones I've made for Hokie.

I wanted the kids to have some Big Brother/Big Sister shirts to wear to the hospital. BUT I didn't want to pay alot of money for them. So, I just made some myself. I like how they turned out. I ironed on the BIG, AGAIN, and LITTLE letters and did a blanket stitch around them.


Even made one for Hokie!

Another onesie. I used a cookie cutter that I had with this boot shape, ironed it on, and then did a blanket stitch around it with black thread.

This blanket was made by my mom! I LOVE IT!! She did such a good job! Will treasure it forever!

So, when we found out we were having another boy, we decided to change the rooms up. Lincoln's room was really small and our playroom is quite large, so we decided to put the boys in the big playroom and then just make Lincoln's old room a small playroom. This is a picture of the new playroom.

This wall will eventually have lots of black and white photos around this big family one.

A while back I painted these for Hannah and Lincoln to go in the playroom. I had to make Hokie one. Notice his name is not on his yet. Gotta wait for that one people! :-)



This is the boys' new room. I really love how it turned out.

I made name plaques for each of the boys. Lincoln's is above the changing table.

Hokie's will be above his bed. His is red with navy letters.



I still need to make a cushion for the rocking chair. I love this rocking chair. My mom used it with my brothers and I and I have used it with both the other kids.

We really lucked out on the bunk beds we found. They match really well with Lincoln's baby furniture. We have yet to put the ladder up because I know one little boy who just wouldn't be able to resist. We'd probably find him hanging from the ceiling fan if he could get up there. :-) I also love the bedding I got from Pottery Barn. I was able to find a bumper pad for the baby's bed that matched it well at Target for just $20. My Mom made a plain red bedskirt and we were done!

I have really enjoyed all the planning and getting ready. Today I cleaned the house, got caught up on laundry, and got all the baby's clothes organized like I want them. I can now say I am ready for Hokie to arrive. That is a good feeling for me. However, I am exhausted. So, I am looking forward to resting and enjoying this last bit of time with the kids and Kris until Hokie decides he is ready to come join our family!!

3 comments:

Kelly B. said...

Yeah! Glad to see how you did everything. It looks so good! Can't wait to see little brother Hokie!! Your sewing skills are very impressive!

Matt and Rachel said...

The rooms are so cute! You guys did such a great job.

Amanda said...

Can you say Nesting! The rooms look really great. You finished just in time for that little guy.