Friday, December 31, 2010

Layton is 6 months!!

Buddy, you are 6 months old!! CRAZY!!! Here is all about you this month:

Your hair is really falling out. You just have a few long brown hairs still left on top that lay over like a comb over. It is definitely coming back in blonde. I think you get this from your daddy. He was a blonde baby. I love your big blue eyes. They are so pretty.


You are still putting everything in your mouth--even biting on your jumperoo! No teeth yet though.

You love bath time. You smile really big and hit the water with your hands when I say "Splish, splash, splish, splash." I love to watch you in the bath. You are very curious when you see the water coming out of the faucet.

You constantly have a scratch or rough spot right in the middle of your forehead as you can see in this picture. I think you may have a little ecsema. You also like to scratch your forehead with your hands when you are sleepy and trying to go to sleep. I have to really try to keep your fingernails trimmed. I can't seem to do this very well, so you always have a scratch on your head. Poor baby.

You have tried all the veggies this month and like them pretty well except for green beans. We went to 2nd foods and you will eat a jar of a veggie at night. I am having to put some fruit in your cereal in the morning because you just don't really like cereal. I even tried oatmeal and you don't seem to like it much better when it doesn't have fruit in it. I haven't really started giving you anything at lunch. I want to make sure you get plenty of milk and am trying to be mindful of my supply. You nurse every 3 1/2 to 4 hours--so about 5-6 times a day. You are very interested in what we eat and watch us closely. We will try some finger foods soon! You are the gasiest baby!! You constantly burp and toot. I don't remember my other kids doing this near as much as you do. I can't figure out if it is what I'm eating or the baby food or what. You still spit up on occasion too.

You still love your feet! You can even put them in your mouth.

You can sit up for a bit now. I still put pillows around you for when you fall backwards.


Sitting up has opened up a new world and different kinds of toys. Fun stuff!

You still want to wake up sometimes around 1:30 or so in the morning to eat. Some nights you don't. I haven't had the heart to let you cry it out yet. We will see what the doctor says about how to get you to sleep longer.

You had a cold this month and had a cough and runny nose. I hate when you get colds!!

You can take your pacy in and out and play with it alot.

You don't like to be left alone. If I put you in the jumperoo, exersaucer, or on the floor and leave the room for a minute, it isn't long before you fuss for me. Some nights after I lay you down to sleep, you will fuss and seem to want me as well. So, I'll rock you for a bit. I love this sweet time.

You pinch the fire out of my face when I pick you up when you try to love on me. You sometimes open your mouth to ours when we ask you to give us kisses.

You are wearing a size 3 diaper and 6 months clothes.

I had to put off your 6 months check-up till January 4th, so I don't know your weight and length yet. You are a healthy boy though!!!

Layton - 6 months



Layton, you are my sweet, happy easy-going boy. I hope you stay that way!!!

No comments: