Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Parties

The kids both had Christmas parties at their schools prior to the Christmas break. Lincoln's class just ate Christmas cookies...



...opened their gifts from their teacher. They got a coloring book, a homemade Christmas tree crayon, some playdoh, a bookmark, etc.

...and played "Pass the Jingle Bell". They got all kinds of goodies bags from different classmates.

The boys and I went to Hannah's class party on the 22nd. Her home room mom got all the kids red t-shirts and had their names put on the back. Then, her teacher sewed the reindeer face on the shirt and the kids painted their hand prints on for the antlers. They were so cute!

Lincoln always makes himself at home in the classroom. There are so many fun toys to play with!

The big thing they did was went to a Brian Kinder concert over at the auditorium. It was for the whole kindergarten class (all 10 classes of them). The kids had been looking forward to this for weeks! They listen and sing along to lots of his songs in their class. I was anxious and excited to hear him too! Lincoln and Layton got to ride on a school bus for the first time!! This was neat for Linc!




This is Hannah's class. Aren't they cute?

Brian Kinder is a singer/songwriter who, along with his wife, performs fun concerts for kids. They get the kids involved in the songs. They start out by singing his song called "I Like Being A Kid." It is catchy and fun!


By the way, this little guy is my angel baby! He is the best little thing. He sat so good in his carseat the whole time and let me get to enjoy the concert with the other kids. I know I am so blessed to have such a good baby.

Hannah LOVES to sing and dance. Her teacher tells me that she really "cuts a rug" in class when they sing songs. That just makes me smile!




She was mesmerized!



At the end, they sang a song called "Joy to the World It's Christmas" and they passed around this big world ball. The kids loved it!


I have to say, I enjoyed it as much as the kids did! They were excellent!
After the concert, we went back to the classroom and had cupcakes and snacks. They got some fun goodie bags and the kids just played around in the room for a while. We left early, went home to finish packing for Texarkana, and then finally headed that way that afternoon!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love Brian Kinder! He and his wife came/come to ACH and put on shows for the patients a lot. They're great. My favorite song of theirs is "These blinking lights". It's too cute! Looks like you kids had fun parties.