Friday, January 21, 2011

Layton is 7 months!

Another month has gone by, Buddy. This has been a pretty big month. Here is all about you at 7 months:

**You started sitting up really well right after you turned 6 months. You will sit in the floor for 30+ minutes sometimes (as long as someone is around) and just play. You play with your toys or just sit and watch everybody all the while flapping your arms with excitement. You really notice toys now and will reach for them. You cry if a toy is taken away from you. At church one Sunday night, you had a blast sitting in the pew next to us chewing on a bulletin. You fussed when it fell on the floor.

**You figured out how to move your head from side to side like you are saying no. This is funny. You like to rock back and forth while you are sitting down too. I am just waiting on you to fall forwards onto your belly.

**You are really jabbering. You say "da da da" a lot. I love when you finish nursing how you look up at me and just start talking. It is so cute.

**About half way through the month, you decided you only wanted to nurse on one side each time. You would fuss at me if I tried to get you to nurse on the other side. I could not figure out what the deal was. I was getting frustrated, but I looked back in Lincoln's baby book and saw where he had done the same thing once. He eventually got back to normal as did you after about a week. I'm sure eating more baby food has effected the amount of milk you want. I struggle with how much baby food to give you because I want you to keep nursing well. Right now, you get cereal/fruit for breakfast and 1 jar of a veggie at night. I'm sure over time we will increase the amount of baby food. I did realize that maybe you could go longer between feedings, so we increased that to every 4 hours instead of every 3 1/2. This helped big time! You are still nursing great on both sides, but get very distracted during it. I have to go seclude myself sometimes to keep your attention. We are on the 7:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. schedule FINALLY!!! This is drastically improved your night time sleep as well. I will feed you your veggie around 8:00 p.m. and then sometimes put you down at 8:30. You may wake up a couple times around 5:00 a.m. needing your paci, but I have been able to make you wait till 7:00 a.m. for your first feeding. Other nights, I'll sneak another feeding in around 9:30 p.m. if I think you need it.

**You are napping 3 times a day still. Some times it is only for 45 minutes at a time and other times 1 1/2 hours. I don't know why you want to wake up after 45 minutes. Your naps are at 9:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

**I have been able to leave you several times with Kris with a bottle. You have done great with this!

**You ran a fever this month for a couple of days. I don't know what the deal was, but it was your only symptom and you were still quite pleasant.

**Still no teeth yet. Wondering where they are!

**I put you down on the playroom floor on your back with toys one day and then left the room. When I came back a few minutes later, you had scooted on the floor and were in a different place. Continued to do this as I watched you. This is the only way I have seen you move. You don't roll over and don't like to be on your tummy for very long.

**You like your baby food. You eat all the veggies pretty well. You like most fruits. I have to mix peaches and mango with something else because they are too tart for you. You will eat cereal with some fruit in it. I have tried to give you bananas cut up in your cereal. You didn't know what to think about this and so I had to smash them to get you to eat it. I don't think you know what to think about different textures yet. Here is Hannah feeding you.



Hannah loves you. She always talks to you on the way home from school. You just smile really big at her. It is still unreal to me how much you look like her.



You like to sit at the table with us for meals.

You just watch everybody.

Everything goes in your mouth.

I've been trying to read to you more. It's kind of hard because you want to hold the book and it is hard to turn the pages without you getting upset. Ha!




You still love that rascally Lincoln. He is one interesting guy.




I gave you a cracker one day to see what you would do. You knew to take it straight to your mouth.



You bit off a piece.

Gagged.

You were a little concerned, but went back for more. Not sure you are quite ready for crackers. You also haven't figured out how to get the Gerber puffs in your mouth. You pick them up, but that's as far as it goes.



You can have a little temper at times. You didn't want to be in this position I guess. You were letting me know. You do this sometimes when I put you down in your bed for a nap when you are not ready to be there. You also have started arching your back when I'm holding you and trying to get you to go to sleep. It really is better if I can just lay you down awake in bed to sleep--when you are ready.

You like this toy, but...

get frustrated when it rolls away.

Poor thing.

You try again.

Oh no!

I love, love, love your laugh! You are a very happy baby for the most part. You smile and laugh easily at those you know. You don't smile as easily with strangers. You figured out how to clap this month and get very excited to do it.

Layton - 7 months







Love you Layton! I can't wait to see what you will be up to next month!


No comments: