Monday, January 10, 2011

Santa!!

As I said in my last post, the kids wrote a letter to Santa and asked him to just leave their gifts under the tree because they would be in Texarkana Christmas morning. Here they are writing their email. They also told him what they wanted. (Kris set up an email address for Santa that we will use each year we need to. Works pretty well for us!)


We got home from Mimi and Pappaw's Tuesday evening. Kris was already home from work and waiting on us to get there. I ran in to take a couple pictures before the kids got out of the car. As I walked in the house I smelled fresh paint...more about that on the next post! Here was their loot.



LOVE Lincoln's excitement!!!

Hannah cracked me up. This was her face as she would open some of her presents as well. I would call it her shy-I-know-you-are-taking-my-picture-mom face.

The first thing they both ran to were their pillow pets!!! Hannah really wanted this unicorn pillow pet! It was at the top of her list! Lincoln got a dog and Layton got a bee.

Several months ago a friend of mine knew a lady that was getting ready to have a garage sale. She had 2 older boys and had tons of boy stuff that she was going to sell. She had tons of Legos and all kinds of games. Unbelievably, she had kept every Lego box and they were complete sets. She had all ages too. I was fortunate enough to get to go to her sale before she even had it and got some awesome stuff! This scooter was one of the things I got Lincoln for $10. It is so much easier to ride than a regular scooter. I think he will really enjoy it when the weather is nicer and we can go outside more.

Kris got Lincoln a tool box last year and got him a tool for each year since he was born. The idea is to add to it with a new tool each year. So, Layton got his tool box this year with a pliers set to go in it.

Linc with his pliers set to add to his tool collection!

Hannah's favorite things are colors and markers. She got a whole set with paints, chalk, and more.



A tutu and leotard!

They got several Wii games as well as Wii uDraw. Hannah loves this!

Sweet boy was having fun!



He was very interested in his toys.

Lincoln opened some of Layton's books for him.

Hannah got a pretty new pink watch.

They got several puzzles this year.

More books to read!

This pirate game was one of the games I got at the garage sale. Lincoln couldn't wait to play it.


So happy!

I got this Little Boys Bible which is for little boys and their mommies at the garage sale too!

Hannah got an Early Reader's Bible and a purse to carry it in to church. The other night she read the story of Adam and Eve to herself on the way to church. I thought this was sooooo cool!!! I want her to love to read her bible!

Another game from the garage sale.

She had to go put her ballerina stuff on that night!

My turn. Kris got me a new crockpot. I actually never got one when we got married because he already had one. So, I needed this! I have used it quite a few times since and love it!

He said he had to get me the "operating manual" too.

My big surprise was a KitchenAid mixer!! I have always wanted one of these but never really thought I'd get one. So far, I have used it to make mashed potatoes and Macaroni Grill Rosemary bread! It works great!!!

I tried to come up with something fun this year for Kris, so I decided to get him a gift that started with every letter in the word C-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s. I had a lot of fun with this! I think he was a little surprised.

I won't tell what I got for every letter, but the C was for coffee maker. I got him a Keurig at the garage sale which I had to tell him about when I bought it. I had actually just gone to Target and gotten a new one for $135. The lady sold theirs to me for $45. Nothing was wrong with it. I had to tell Kris about it to see if he wanted me to go ahead and get this particular one versus having a new one. I took the $135 one back to Target. So, I went ahead and got him the Carousel to go with his coffee maker. I'm telling you, I got some good deals at that garage sale!!!

R was for Ralph Lauren cologne. He likes!

One of the S's was for sweater--from JoS. A. Bank.

The A was for Arrowhead, which is the stadium where the Kansas City Chiefs play. I couldn't buy tickets for next season quite yet, so he got an IOU for tickets to a game next year. He has been wanting to go to one. Anyway, I enjoyed coming up with things to get him this year!

The last thing we do is stockings. I, honestly, love to buy for their stockings. I love finding neat little things to put in them. Some of Lincoln's stocking stuffers this year were tape, a flash light key chain, gum, a pretend camera, a whoopie cushion, etc. The whoopie cushion was a hit!

Hannah got stick-on earrings, glow-in-the-dark bracelets, a stapler, a pretend phone, etc.

Santa was so good to us again this year! We all had a blast! Thank you Santa!!

2 comments:

Desastroza said...

Que hermosa navidad pasaron!!
Los felicito, tienen tres hijos hermosos.

Matt and Rachel said...

How funny -- Madeleine just HAD to have a unicorn pillow pet from Santa too! Isn't Christmas with three kiddos FUN!!!!