Saturday, January 8, 2011

Texarkana Christmas

The kids and I headed to Texarkana on Wednesday, the 22nd, after Hannah's Christmas party at school. Hannah and I got our hair cut the next morning by my cousin, Amy. I had REALLY been looking forward to this! I needed a haircut so bad! On Friday, my mom's side of the family all came out to my parents' house for Christmas. It had been a while since I had been with all of them, so it was so good to all be together!

Layton checked everyone out.

We had soups and finger foods this year.


These are some of my cousins. I wish we would have taken pictures of each family. We have done that in the past.

The highlight of Christmas this year was watching a video of Mama Cille (my mom's mom) on her 80th birthday about 9 or 10 years ago. What made this so special was that Mama Cille died 2 1/2 years ago. We all miss her so much!!

This was the March before Kris and I got married in June 2001. She was surprised to see everyone when she came in the door.

It was funny seeing Kris and I. WOW!! We were so young!!!!


This is the whole family watching the video together. None of us had seen it before. I am so thankful that my family still gets together on the holidays--even though Mama Cille is no longer with us. She was so the central part of this family.

My sweet momma reading some of her thoughts to her mother on her birthday. I just loved watching this video and I am so glad we have it!!!

The rest of the time, the little kids played together. Here are all the girls. They are my cousins' children, so they would be Mama Cille's great-grandchildren (She will soon add two more to her already 12.) This is Anna-Blair, Hannah, Elli, and Adi.

The little boys played in my mom and dad's room with some of our old toys. They made a big mess, but they had so much fun! Oh, they also enjoyed jumping on the bed!

Eric and Lincoln

We like to play games in this family. We played Cranium. There is always much laughter!!

My mom and I!

More of the kids. Hayes, Lincoln (love his face), Eric, Hannah, and Adi.

We had a great time with family. Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents with just my family. Here is our precious baby boy.

Mimi and Pappaw got the kids new bikes!! Now, if we can just teach them to ride them!

Since Santa left our presents at home under our tree (because we sent him an email and told him we wouldn't be there Christmas morning), it was exciting for the kids to get to wake up and open presents first thing! They loved it!

Even Layton kind of got into opening his presents. He got lots of fun toys from Mimi and Pappaw.

I love Lincoln's face when he saw Hannah's walking dog from Uncle Wes.

Paper!! Fun stuff!

Pappaw opening one of his gifts.



Layton started sitting up really well while we were there!

Zhu Zhu pets!



Mimi helping Layton.



Books to read!! Yay!! She named her dog Biscuit, after her new book. :-)


We got my parents stuff so we can Skype with them! (Grandma and Granddad, ask Kris what this is! :-)

Leapster Explorer from Uncle Jeff. They both really like this!

The boys got Layton clothes from the Gap. They were adorable!

Layt is his new jeans and coat!

By the way, Hannah LOVES her uncles!!!! She gets giddy around them. It is the cutest thing. They love her too and are sooooo good to her! I just love them for that!
We had a great Christmas morning! At lunch that day, we celebrated my birthday which was the day before (yes, Christmas Eve). Mom made me a delicious chocolate pie and gave me money, Kris got me flowers and some cookbooks, and the boys got me the sweetest cards. It was a great birthday!!

The kids and I stayed at my parents' till Tuesday afternoon. We played with our new toys.

Hannah showed Mimi all the words that she knows.

Pappaw loved on the kiddos. He loves to make Layton laugh!

Mimi read them books. Lincoln loves to be read to and I think he is the sweetest thing when he is so intently listening to the story.

The kids helped Mimi make some cookies.



We also went to see a couple of movies while we were there. We had to take advantage of the free babysitting! Mom and I took the kids to see Tangled before we left. It was wonderful!!! We all loved it and Layton was an angel and slept the whole time!

We had a wonderful almost week at Mimi and Pappaw's!!! Thanks for all our Christmas goodies! We love you!!

No comments: