Sunday, September 18, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

Two to three Sunday nights out of the month, we have been coming home after church and having breakfast for dinner as a family.  I have to say I have really enjoyed this time--I think we all have.

One of the main reasons I have enjoyed it so much--Kris does a lot of the cooking. :)  He cooks the bacon in a skillet (Can't beat bacon in the skillet.  SO much better than the microwave.), fries the hashbrowns, and cooks the scrambled eggs. 
I make the waffles in the waffle maker.  Lincoln and I just LOVE putting fruit on ours.  We have been lucky to have blackberries, strawberries, and peaches frozen in our freezer.  So, we just whip some out, thaw them a bit, and they are DELICIOUS on top of our waffles.  We especially love them with the blackberries.  I think we recently ate our last bag of blackberries.  :( 

We will talk about the kids' Bible classes that night and they tell us what they learned.  Hannah is getting to go to Faith In Action now that she is in first grade.  It is upstairs.  Upstairs is a big deal!   Lincoln has JAM, Jesus and Me, so his is great too.  I love that the kids enjoy their Sunday night Bible classes!
That's a blackberry in Hannah's smile.  She likes hers on the side.
Another reason I love these times--goofiness.
Top that with a little sweetness, and I call that a perfect evening!


No comments: