Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hannah

Where has the time gone? I haven't blogged in forever.  These last couple of weeks have been full.  I have been thinking that I need to take a picture of my minivan and make a post called "My Second Home"!  It seems I am always in my car.  I make multiple trips in and out of the car every day and it can be exhausting!!

I have also found a new hobby that has been taking up quite a bit of my time.  I'll post about that later.  It is just hard to get to everything that I want/need to do.  I feel like I am constantly behind on something.  My blog is the biggest thing right now.

I wanted to talk about Hannah a bit.  She is just getting so big and really is doing so well--in so many ways.

She is doing just great in school.  She seems to really enjoy it and is definitely learning a lot.  She has made a 100 on each of her Friday spelling tests over the last few weeks.  I am so proud of her for that.  I have seen a huge improvement in her handwriting, not that it was ever bad, but it has just gotten so good lately.

She has made new friends in her class since she didn't have any of her friends from last year in her class.  She still plays with some of them at recess though.  I know she enjoys P.E. alot.  She was telling me last night about how they were playing basketball.  Oh, how I hope she likes basketball!!

When she comes home, she and Lincoln usually go in either Lincoln's room or the playroom and shut the door so they can play.  I think Layton messes up their stuff, so they shut him out.  Poor thing.  They play teacher, house, and I heard her say the other day to Lincoln "Lincoln, let's play music teacher."  They make the biggest messes, but they have SO much fun.  I love that they want to play with each other like this.  I can tell they have missed each other during the day.  Hannah has turned her room into a classroom. Ha!  She has taped papers and sticky notes up all over her walls.  She posted a sign outside of her door that says, "Welcome to Mrs. Hannah's Class. Hello!"  So cute!  She is quite the little boss. Wonder where she gets that from???

She has quite the temper.  This summer was pretty bad.  We had some pretty big blow-ups.  However, I feel like since school started, she has gotten a lot better.  I was very surprised at this because I just knew she would come home absolutely exhausted and be very cranky.  The other day after school I decided I needed to run to Wal-Mart really quick to get something for Bunko that night.  She was not very happy with me that we were going to be doing this.  She got a little attitude with me when we got there and so I had to threaten her with staying home in her room that night while her Daddy took the boys out while I had Bunko.  When we were coming out of Wal-Mart, she looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm sorry I had a bad attitude a while ago."  I thanked her for apologizing and gave her a hug.  A few minutes later, she told me that she had counted to 10.  She said that Mimi had told her to count to 10 to help her calm down when she gets really mad.  Thank you Mimi!!!!  I told her I thought she was growing up!

She has lost 4 teeth and has pulled them all herself!  Funniest thing to me!  I think she looks adorable with her 2 front teeth out!  She talks cute too.  She wants to do her own hair most days now.  Oh my have I had to let go!  SO HARD FOR ME!!!  She has learned how to braid and so she will braid one little piece on the side.  She thinks it looks so good.  Other days she will put it in a pony tail and then in a bun.  Hilarious to me, but I am letting her do it.  Other days, she will let me french braid it or do other braids.  Yesterday she came home with it done different from how she went to school.  She had gathered some hair on both sides and put it up at the top of her head.  I BEG her to let me fix it this way all the time and she just refuses to let me.  So, I raved about it yesterday when she came home with it that way.  She just looked so pretty!

She is very opinionated on what she wants to wear each day and so I have been having her pick out 5 outfits on Sunday for the week.  I iron them and do the same for the boys, so we are all ready to go for the week.  This has been a huge help as Hannah and I don't argue every morning about what she is going to wear.

I can't remember if I have written about the latest on her arthritis or not.  We saw Dr. Morris at the beginning of June.  She is just doing to well!  We don't even have to see Dr. Morris any more!!!  No check ups!!  We just have to call if there are any problems.  We still have to go to the eye doctor every 6 months though.  They really watch the eyes to make sure they stay healthy.  Anyway, we were just thrilled.  What a HUGE blessing!!

Hannah is such a little giver.  I absolutely love this about her.  She will just randomly write us love notes.  A few weeks ago she came up with a little scavenger hunt that she wanted Kris and I to do.  She posted little signs in different places telling us where to go next.  Here is one of them.  There were several.


She led us to our bedroom where she had written this note and put it on our bed.
 She had a couple things laid out for us.
 She wrote a note for her Daddy and she had a pretty box for me.
 She is just the sweetest thing!!  An amazing child.


No comments: