Thursday, August 9, 2012

Skating!

A few weeks ago (yes, still behind on blogging) we went skating for the first time with the kids!  I had purchased a Groupon for this, so we all got to go and had pizza and coke too.  I was so excited for the kids to try this for the first time because I really love to skate.  I don't think I was prepared.

Lincoln and Hannah had the hardest time staying on their feet!!!!  This just did Lincoln in!!!  He was so frustrated and cried--alot!!!


Layton, on the other hand, seemed to have no trouble at all staying on his feet!  I think his skates were different--surely!


We went with the Stephens that night.  They had gotten the Groupon too.  We took a break after awhile of fighting it and had our pizza!


We finally caved and rented these things.  Boy, did it make a HUGE difference!!!  The kids were much much happier (and so were mom and dad).




Kenzie and Karly had been before.  They were really getting good at it!


 Weeee!!!  I got to skate during the fast skate!  Ha!


Even after all the crying and frustration, Lincoln was already asking when we left when we could go back.  Guess that means success!!!

Note to self though:  Do NOT go at 7:00 at night next time!!!!! Kids were too tired.   :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

I've been wanting to take my boys skating lately, I'm afraid there would be lots of tears. And, Layton's skates looked the same as the other kids! P.s. Your kids are all so blond!

Jamie said...

My advice is to NOT go when they are tired!! :)

kristen g. said...

This is too much fun! I love seeing the Stephens in your pics:)
Kate's school does a field trip to the skating rink once a month. i think we better take her and let her practice before sending her off on that one! I'm afraid it will be many tears!