Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Zoo Day & Carter's B-day

Two Saturdays ago, Kris was back at the tomato farm mowing again, and I heard that the Zoo was $1.50 per person entry all day.  I needed something to do to help kill the day, so the kids and I went.  We planned to be there at 9:30 when they opened.  I think we got there at 9:45 and the line was ridiculously long.  I thought I may have made a mistake in coming.  However, it moved pretty quickly and we were in the zoo in no time.  I thought it would be super crowded, but it really wasn't too bad at all.  We were still able to see all we wanted to see with no problems.

First off, we fed the fish.  They all loved this! 




I love the penquin exhibit.  They are so cute and fascinating to watch.  They put on a good show.


The elephant was out!


Layton looking at the giraffe.


The lady lion was right up by the glass, so we got to see her super close!


So beautiful!!


The rhino was out too.  I think the last time we came to the zoo, he was no where to be seen.  These guys are amazing to me.


Cute little river otter.


The big grizzly bear was soakin' in the water to cool off.  He was right up by the glass too.




This guy kind of gave me the creeps.  The way he was looking up at all the people and watching was creepy to me.  Man, God made some interesting animals!!!


This was by far the most enjoyable time I've had at the zoo with the kids ever.  It was so fun to see Layton's excitement at seeing all the animals.  Even though it was hot, we still had fun!

Something I wanted to remember about this trip was how Layton would say Choo Choo everytime he saw the tracks or the train.  He would say "Shoo Shoo, Shoo Shoo" and get so excited.  Cutest. Thing. Ever.  Love him!!

After about 2 hours of the zoo, we left and went to Chickfila to cool off and eat lunch!  Then, we went home to rest up before Carter's 5th Birthday party.


Carter had a swimming party.  I took Lincoln by myself while Kris stayed home with the other two.  Lincoln and Hannah had been trying to dive off the diving board at our pool the day before and weren't quite getting it.  So, when he got to the party, all the boys were diving and he gave it another try.  I was so proud of him!


He dived and dived and dived some more.  He had so much fun!!

No comments: