Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Baseball Tournament!

Last weekend Lincoln had a baseball tournament.  It ended up being a really long day, but honestly, it was a blast!  We all had a really good time.  The weather was beautiful too!

Lincoln hit pretty well.  That is him on first base after getting a hit.  Kris helped coach some.


Layton played with his cars in the dirt at my feet quite a bit.  Hannah ran around playing with some of the other sisters from the team.  She loved it!  I wish I would have taken her picture.  At one point a big group of them were playing Hot Potato with a ball in a big circle on the ground.  It was really cute.



Lincoln played catcher some this weekend, but he still doesn't really like it.


Fortunately, he got to play other positions as well.  He is a pretty good little fielder.

Heading to bat.





We lost our first game to a really good team.  We had a couple hours break in between games.  We went and grabbed some McDonald's and then headed back to the field to hang out with the team.  I really enjoyed this part as well.  I really like his team and have enjoyed getting to know most of the parents.  Some of the other parents and I have done a lot of laughing at Kris because there was this one lady who was helping coach a team.  She made an inappropriate comment to Kris about using the zip tie that he was playing with to handcuff her!?!  She was not too attractive either (so I wasn't worried!  ha!).  All the other dads have given him the hardest time about it.  It was quite hilarious and is a running joke!  Ha!







Lincoln is at the far right.




Hannah was eating something and decided to save her gum by sticking it on her forehead.  Lol!


Love this boy!  He was so good!!!




Lincoln's team ended up winning the 2nd game.  During the 3rd game, the pitching machine was really acting up and the coaches just couldn't get it to throw the ball well at all.  It ended up hitting several of our kids--sending one to the ER with a possible broken finger.  It was after that that our coach decided it wasn't worth continuing to play so we forfeited the game.  We were behind 1-0 with a couple of kids on base too.  But I totally agree with the coaches decision.  It was already 7:30 p.m. at that point, so we would have been there till who knows when if we had won!  All in all, it was a blast of a day!!

Here's one video of Lincoln hitting that I took during the tournament.  Layton cracks me up repeating everything I say.  Yes, I get into these games.  Can't help it.  I am a bit competitive.  :-)


No comments: