Monday, May 20, 2013

Teacher Appreciation 2013

Last week was teacher appreciation week.  I went a little simpler this year.  The kids' school gives an idea of what to bring each day and so I based what we did off that.  On Monday it was a sweet or salty treat.  So, I made yummy Oreo Balls and put them in a cute little candy box.  Who does not like Oreo Balls?  Simple and yummy!  I forgot to take a picture of them.

Tuesday was a school supply.  Well, Hannah's teacher is retiring after this year, so I didn't want to get her a school supply.  So, I saw this idea on Pinterest.  It was just some good smelling lotion with the kids' hand print.


Wednesday was bring a flower day.  So, the kids took carnations to their teachers.

Thursday was write a note to the teacher.  I had gotten these two initial picture holders a while back at Kirkland's on sale, so both the kids and I wrote notes to their teachers and I attached a picture.


On Friday, it was suggested to bring them their favorite drink.  Hannah had this mug decorating kit so she made her teacher a mug and we just stuck a Sonic gift card in with it.


For Lincoln's teacher, we sent her a cupcake from my friend, Stacey (she had brought us a bunch of extras she had for Kris to take to work) with a Sonic card attached.



My plan is to make each teacher a burlap door hanger as an end-of-the-year gift.  The kids have both had great teachers this year.  They are both super sweet and caring ladies.  Both kids have done really well and we are so thankful for all that their teachers have done for them!

On a side note, I got to get a taste of being a teacher this past Friday.  The kids had Field Day at school and around lunch time, Lincoln's teacher got really sick and had to leave.  So, my friend Jill (another mom from Lincoln's class) and I stayed with his class for the 2nd half of the day.  Wow!  Let's just say, the experience made me totally appreciate all that teachers do!!!

No comments: