Monday, May 13, 2013

iPhone Catch Up!

Some of these pictures go all the way back to February.  I definitely have some catching up to do!  These are all pictures taken with my trusty iPhone.  Crazy how well those things allow you to catch life as it happens.  They are so handy to have!

Layton and I are just having a blast these days.  I love being with this little one.  He has his moments, but for the most part, he is so pleasant.  This day we were playing cars with Lincoln's new car toy he had gotten for his birthday.  Layton got the biggest kick out of watching the cars go round and round!



Kris was Dr. Tim Buktu again in Faith in Action at church one Wednesday night.  He is so silly and the kids seem to enjoy him.



He usually does some kind of science project that makes a point.  This night he rubbed an onion on one of the kid's feet and then made him sit with his feet on the onion for a while.  You are supposed to be able to taste the onion after doing this.


The whole point was that God is Amazing--Even more Amazing Than Dr. Tim Buktu!  Ha!


Since Kris went to Doughnuts with Dads at the school one morning, I decided to take Layton for some doughnuts too!



Just wanted to take a random picture of Layt sleeping one afternoon.


More sleeping.  Can't remember if he was kind of sick here or if he didn't want to take a nap so I let him watch a little t.v. and he fell asleep on the couch?


I caught Hannah reading to the boys one day around Easter.  She was reading an Easter book.


Layton went through a couple of weeks where he would sneak out of his bed after we put him down to go try to sleep with Hannah.  I'd usually catch him and send him back to his bed.  One night I didn't though and found them like this.  Sweetest thing.


 I was watching Harper for Leanne one afternoon and found Hannah and her friend, Madden, from down the street, fixing Harper's hair.  She didn't seem to mind!  Ha!


After a long day of being out in the yard doing yard work and playing, I let the kids play with the water hose.   Much laughter ensued.




Layton had skipped his nap that day and so after cleaning up, he fell asleep watching t.v.


At the beginning of April, we had the 2nd Annual JA Family Day with the Arthritis Foundation.  It was at the Little Rock Zoo this year.  The kids got to enjoy the zoo with some sorority girls from the Fayetteville area that came to volunteer while the parents had an informational session and a Q & A session.  The Q & A session was really good because we had both of the two Arkansas Pediatric Rheumatologists from Children's Hospital there.  So, parents were really able to get some good questions answered.  I thought it went over really well.  Still extremely thankful that Hannah is still in remission.  I am always reminded when we attend these kinds of events just how lucky we are.  There are some kids out there dealing with so much.  It just isn't fair really.  



At the end, the parents got to meet up with the kids for some hands on experiences with a couple of animals.






Here's a picture of most of the kids and the two animals they learned about.


We are still enjoying baseball.  Layton and Hannah have a blast going to the games.  Here they are playing on the big dirt pile at Salem.  It is oh so fun!


Layton played in the rain a bit one day recently.  I had been trying to clean out our total mess of a garage due to all the bathroom construction still going on.  It started raining while he was out playing, and so I let him play in it for a bit.


At the beginning of May, I went on a GALS retreat with some of the girls from church.  A couple from church lets us use their lake house on Greers Ferry Lake.  Leanne, Carrie, Julie, and I drove up a bit early to Conway and hit up the TJ Maxx Home store they have.  Then, we met up with the rest of the GALS at Marketplace for a yummy meal.  When we got to the lake house, we ate some more, played Bananagrams, and talked and talked.  I think I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. or later.  This was our view the next morning.  Gorgeous.


On our way home the next morning,  Leanne, Julie, and I stopped and ate at Waffle House.  Love me some Hashbrowns Scattered, Covered, and Topped.  Ha!  They thought I was crazy having chili that early in the morning!


Later that same day, Lincoln and his baseball team met up at the ball field to plant trees around the place.  Each team planted one.


The Salem Royals (minus 3 kids).


I took this picture one afternoon because the kids were actually playing a board game and not fighting.  This doesn't happen that often, so I felt the need to document.


I caught Layton in the bathroom one day playing with his tractor in the soap and water.  There was water all over the floor, the vanity, and him.  Oh well.  He had fun.


Recently I went up to Lincoln's class to help them tie dye shirts for a field trip to Family Farm they have coming up.  


I have been wanting to redo my mantel decor for a while now.  I've had some cute ideas, but they were pretty costly.  So, I decided to go with a vinyl bible verse (got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off) and then I had some pictures of the kids from Wye Mountain this year printed out in 11 x 13 size at Sams.  They are super cheap there by the way.  Then, I Mod Podged the prints onto 11 x 13 canvases that I had gotten 75% off at Michaels a while back.  So, it ended up being a pretty cheap project.  I think it still needs something else.  We shall see.  But I like it so far.


Last week I went up to the school to watch Lincoln's class for a bit so that his teacher could go to lunch with the other kindergarten teachers during Teacher Appreciation week.  After lunch we took the kids out to recess.  Layton thought he was big stuff out there.  The kids just followed him around everywhere.



More baseball field pics.  Layton was enjoying a bottled water.  He enjoyed spitting it out on the ground and all over himself more than drinking it, I think.



Lincoln playing catcher one night.  He still is doing it on occasion.  They really let different ones do it too.  I like how they rotate the boys on different positions.  I don't think Lincoln really likes catcher.


Layton has made a friend with this older gentleman.  One night he gave Layton a sucker because Layton was eating something and dropped it on the ground and got really upset.  So, the man gave him a sucker.  The next time Layton saw him, he asked him for a sucker.  Ha!  He didn't have any, but Layton ended up talking with and playing with him the rest of that night.  (Don't worry, I stood behind and watched the whole time.)  At one point, Layton sang his "ABC's" and "Jesus Loves Me" for him.  It was really cute.  He is such a happy little dude.


I took this picture the other day at lunch.  He stood his carrots up in his Ranch dressing like candles on a cake, told me he was having a party, and started singing "Happy Birthday!"  What a little imagination!  I am truly loving my days with just him!


No comments: