Thursday, June 6, 2013

Family Farm with Lincoln

All the Kindergarten classes at Lincoln's school had a field trip to Family Farm before school got out.  Hannah had been there before and so I knew it to be a super fun place.  Thanks to Leanne again for watching Layton all day for me, I got to go with Linc.

The first thing they did was do the petting zoo.  They had several farm animals that the kids got to pet, feed, and interact with.  Lincoln was a little timid to hold a duck at first.


Checking out the pot-bellied pig.


Lucy, Jack, and Lincoln.



He finally picked up a duck.



He and Jack checking out the rooster inside the hen house.






Lincoln, Dean, Jack, and Landon waiting to get started fishing next!


Jill, Jack, and Jae fishing across the pond.  They were laughing hard at me trying to show Lincoln how to cast the line.  He about hit me everytime and so I was constantly ducking.







He finally got one!  When he realized it, he quickly swung it up out of the water and just about got me with it.


Mr. Brad, one of the dads, helped him take it off and throw it back in.


It was a pretty good sized fish!


Next was the merry-go-round thing.  I don't know what it is called exactly, but the kids loved it.




See!



They got to go for a train ride too!



Here are a bunch of his class getting ready to play in the creek.




Fun stuff!



He was pretty much soaked when it was over.


Instead of the zip line that they had in the past, this year they had a big slide.  All the kids were really excited about it!  Even the big kids were too.  I had to beg Lincoln to let me have a turn with him.  He kept wanting to go with his friend, Dean.





The last activity was the sling shot.  The boys tried to hit the girls first.




Then, the girls tried to hit the boys.  The boys, especially Lincoln, enjoyed trying to catch the balls.





Fun times with my boy this day!


No comments: