Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Parties

The last day of school before the holiday break was crazy.  Everyone had a party, Hannah was in a spelling bee, and then Tremaine's party in Conway was that night.  I did a lot of running around.  I dropped Layton off at school at 8:30.  Lincoln's party was at 9:30 but so was Hannah's spelling bee.  I went to her spelling bee and because she got out in the second round, I actually had time to be at Lincoln's party for a few minutes.  Layton's party was at 10:40 so I had to leave Lincoln's party at about 10:25 to get there on time.  I actually had a break from 11:30 to 2:30 when Hannah's party started.  I had to pick Kris up that night around 5:30 to make it to Conway for Tremaine's party.  We were there till 10:30 or 11:00.  It was a long, jam-packed, fun-filled day.


I saw this bulletin board in Lincoln's classroom that had all these self portraits on it.  Most of them had the child's name on them.  I couldn't find Lincoln's so I asked his teacher which one was his.  She said "Oh, it's the creative one."  I love that.  His drawing was the cutest thing.  He does have quite the imagination.  Oh and I loved the adjectives to describe himself.



I love the minds of second graders.


Layton was all smiles.  He had so much fun at his party.





This picture makes me smile.  His face is precious.



Love the tongue.



He was so proud.









Hannah's class had to bring a gift.  They played a game and everyone went home with something.  I like simple parties like this one.




The last party of the day was Tremaine's annual company party.  He and Kris are such big buddies that we always try to go.  We love their family, have fun watching Tremaine play Deal or No Deal, and get a big kick out of watching people on the dance floor.  

Lincoln and Trey.


This guy spent forever making something with his napkin.  He amazes me with the things he makes from wierd things.  ha!




Tremaine is in the red coat.  He decided to start throwing out money and all the kids swarmed up to him to try to get some.  This guy is probably one of the most generous people I know.  He has a pretty successful concrete business and knows how blessed he is and chooses to bless others often.  The envelopes on the wall are for the Deal or No Deal game.  Everyone gets a ticket when they come in the party.  If your number is called, you go up and pick an envelope.  Before he opens it, he will tell you that he will give you x amount of money or you can choose to take what is in the envelope.  It is always funny to watch people when they get less than his offer when they choose the envelope.  Tremaine likes to call some of his family members and workers up too.  His workers he gives bonus checks to and his family, like his mom and grandmother, he will hand them $1,000 in cash.  He is a pretty amazing person.


Next up, Christmas!!!!

No comments: