Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!

Here are the kids gifts waiting on them on Christmas morning.






Christmas morning Kris and I heard the kids go into the living room.  You could tell they were trying to whisper.  Ha!  We let them take it all in for a few minutes and then got up.  We found them glued to their Kindles already.  They loved them--as you can see!!!



I love all the excited smiles!  They are the best and what makes Christmas so fun!






Hannah asked for the American Girl Salon Center and she loved it!




I think I have talked about Lincoln's obsession with Abraham Lincoln.  He mentioned one day about a bobble head and so Santa had to get one for him.  ;)







Lincoln got a book about the Fifty States like his President book.  He loves this stuff!



We really enjoyed seeing the kids open their gifts from each other as well as seeing what they got us.  They were so sweet sounding to each other being excited and saying thank you.  It was awesome.



Hannah, our crafter, made this book about Abraham Lincoln for Linc.  She spent a lot of time on the computer working on it.  She made Layton a Paw Patrol Coloring Book.  It was so thoughtful.



One of the kids got Lincoln these stick-on mustaches and he has been wearing them everywhere.  We call him Luigi.



Tools for their toolboxes!  Those things are filling up!






I hate these pictures of me, but want to remember the moment.  Kris and I decided to not get each other anything for Christmas this year.  Hopefully, we can get a weekend away sometime in the next few months.  So, my sneaky husband gives me a card and two gifts.


Instead of a Christmas gift/card, he gave me a thank-you card/gift.  We had a pretty tough year this year.  One I don't have any desire to repeat.  Work has been stressful lately among other things and so he was thanking me for putting up with him and being supportive.  It was extremely creative and thoughtful and brought tears to my eyes.  He is something else and I am so lucky to have him.


We both love the movie "The Man From Snowy River."  We heard some of the music from it at a wedding not too long ago.  The music is so beautiful and I turned to him that day and told him I wanted the piano music for it.  I have been playing the piano some lately and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I look forward to working on these songs, especially "Jessica's Theme."  So beautiful!!!


He also got me a huge Cast-Iron Camping set.  Ha!  I had wanted a Dutch oven and boy did I get one!




Hannah made this for Kris.


Maybe one of my favorite things was this gift from Hannah.  She made me a picture where she used her foot prints to make mistletoes.  Then, she gave me this nail polish and wrote a note with it that said, "For your Mistle toes".  She later told me she got it off of Pinterest!  Cracked me up  It was great!!








We had a great Christmas.  We truly have been blessed this year even in the midst of some struggles.  God is good.

No comments: