Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

We had a few days to ourselves before Christmas this year.  We weren't traveling so we just got to be at home, so we did a few Christmasy crafts.

First up was Gingerbread houses--village actually.  I found this set at Wal-mart one day for $4.  I couldn't believe it was that cheap.  There were 5 houses so we each got to do one.  Perfect.  The kids liked getting to pick out their own house.










Hannah got my phone and took a few selfies.  :)





Next, the kids painted ornaments.  They love to paint so this was fun for them.







I love having home-made ornaments on our tree.



Uncle Les and Aunt Carol gave the kids money for Christmas and suggested that maybe they use some of it to go do some kind of fun activity.  So, I decided the trampoline park would be the perfect thing.  They jumped their little hearts out and had a blast.





We made our own snowflakes...




...as well as felt ornaments.


I think my favorite activity was this Christmas tree one.  You use one end of a toilet paper roll to stamp the tree and then decorate it with your fingerprints.




I love how they turned out and may be framing them for next year's decor!!




I was so excited that we were actually home for Christmas Eve/Christmas morning this year.  Kris made me a wonderful breakfast dinner for my birthday.  Then, we went and looked at Christmas lights.


We put out Santa's cookies and milk.


They/We were all pretty excited for the next morning!!!


No comments: