Friday, June 3, 2016

First 3 weeks at home with Ledger

We brought Ledger home on Saturday, May 14th.  It was a happy, exciting homecoming!!





Layton has one of the gum cigars in his mouth that Tremaine gave the kids.


All smiles to be holding her bubba.



I still can't believe this guy is a big brother!





Lincoln getting some snuggles before church on Sunday.











On Monday, Ledger went to his 5 day old doctor appointment.


He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz!!!  He was almost back to his birth weight of 8 lbs 5 oz!  They just want them to be back up to birth weight within 2 weeks, so that tells me that mama's milk is good!  He is a good eater!


Waiting for the doctor.



Dr. Byrum told us at this visit that Ledger had a hip click in his left hip.  This was a little concerning because Hannah had hip dysplasia in both hips when she was born and had to wear a Pavlik harness for 3 months.  However, Dr. Byrum said that Ledger's wasn't that bad and he hoped it would fix itself.  He told us to double diaper him for the next month and he would check it again then.







Ledger slept those first few nights in our bedroom in the pack-n-play.  He would eat every 2-3 hours, but was not fussy.



Sponge bath to get cleaned up.


Layton begged to comb his hair.








So alert.  I love his eyes and that belly!!






Hannah has been a huge help.  She changes diapers and gets him to sleep.  Little momma.


Meeting Grandma and Grandad for the first time.  They drove down on the 20th and stayed one night.  They just had to see him!  We plan to go there for our first visit over July 4th weekend.





Side view of all his hair.  Most people who see him comment on all his hair.  I think he has the most of all the kids.



I have been trying to get him to nap in his crib, but he doesn't seem to like it too much.  This particular picture is of a time when I got him to go to sleep.


He is also not too sure about his bouncy seat.  Sometimes he likes it and sometimes he does not want to be in it at all.


Brothers.  Oh how I hope they are all close as they grow up.



We took Ledger to church at 10 days old.  I was ready to get out of the house and see people!  My recovery was much quicker this go around, so I was feeling pretty good.



He got lots of attention by the kids at church!



Ledger and I spend lots and lots of time on my bed.  This is the main place where I feed him.  So, I take lots of pictures of his sweet face here.  I LOVE his face when I am burping him.  The sweetest.


We finally decided to get a portable sleeper for our bedroom and keep the pack-n-play in the living room.  It was too bulky to move back and forth everyday.  Ledger seems to like the pack-n-play in the living room to sleep in during the day better than anywhere else.  There is lots of noise in our house because of all the kids and the t.v., but it hasn't seemed to phase him too much.


He is liking his pacy during the day to sooth himself, but hasn't been using it at night.  I hope this continues.


Daddy was trying really hard to get him to smile.  He says he did, but I was not convinced.  Ha!


Layton and I took him for a walk.  The big kids were still in school at this point.






The Rainbolts brought us dinner one night and Eden finally got to hold Ledger.  :-)


He seriously has the sweetest cry.




They rush in most mornings and climb in bed with us so they can see their brother.


One of my favorite pictures so far.  Such a sweetie pie.


Whoa Lincoln!  He LOVES Ledger and is quite good with him, but I kind of have to watch him fairly closely.  He switches positions often and moves him around.  I think I have been the most surprised by how well Lincoln has done with him and how much attention he has given him.  I love watching him.






I think Lincoln may have gotten the first smiles (Kris would argue this)!!  This is at 2 weeks old.


So precious!!!
















Those cheeks!!!


Sister changing Ledger's diaper.  Such a helper.










He was checking out his big brother.




I went and weighed him at Expressly For You at 3 weeks on June 2nd.  He weighed 9 lbs 13 oz!!  I went in a room in the back and fed him and then we weighed him again and it said that he had eaten 3.8 oz.  The lady there in the store made a big deal about how much that was.  She said he knew how to eat!  Ha!



Sweetest face.


We went to the pool so the big kids could swim.  He was so good.


 Ledger, we love loving on you!!!

No comments: