Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One word to describe Lincoln at 2--BUSY!

I wanted to put Linc's little stats on here and a few of the other things about him that I want to remember at this age. At his 2 year appointment on Friday, he weighed 30 lbs (75%), was 33 1/4 inches tall (50%), and his big ole head was 19 7/8 inches (90%)!

Some things about him:
**He is wearing 24 months shirts and pants.
**He wears a size 7-8 shoe, depends on the shoe.
**He wears size 5 diapers.
**We're still spiking his hair up cause it just looks like him, but it has gotten so long lately that it will lay down and I'm really starting to like this look as well.
**He's got all but 1 of his 2 year molars, I think.
**He is really losing that baby fat and is really slimming up.

Some things he is saying:
**"Momma, eat." "Momma, eat." "Momma, eat."
**"Momma, lap." (Translation--Momma, I want to get in your lap.)
**Lots of other words, but not a lot of sentences quite yet.

Some things he is doing:
**He can now open some of the doors in the house. So, this means I will be an even busier momma!
**He can turn the bathroom faucet on by himself. At least this means he probably won't stick his toothbrush in the toilet anymore to get it wet.:) Again, I'm going to be a busier momma.
**He has gotten quite pushy lately. By this I mean, he thinks he can push other kids around if they are in his way. Busier momma...
**He loves to jump. He loves to jump off of things like couches and chairs. I am waiting for beds, tables, counters, etc. Busy, busy, busy--me!
**He loves to hit things. He bangs on his tool bench with his hammer so hard and loud I'm afraid he's going to break it. He bangs on the table with his sippy cup or fork leaving little dents in the table sometimes. He bangs on his daddy's Wii drum set whenever he can. He hits Hannah or Jack, anyone who gets in his way. YES, I AM SO BUSY!
**He is sitting in time out--ALOT!

I guess Lincoln is not the only one who can be described as busy right now, huh.

Now, at the end of our appointment Dr. Byrum said to me, "Now, Lincoln's two, so you're going to have to really watch him." I was like, "REALLY????"

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Man, you are busy! Toothbrush in the toilet ... that was my favorite laugh out loud part of this one! At least you can truly say that you will never ever get bored again ...ever.