Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kris' 35th Birthday!

Kris' 35th birthday was Friday, the 26th. Wednesday night we were supposed to have Life Group fellowship night. So, I decided I'd surprise Kris and make him a cake and make some homemade ice cream and everyone could help him celebrate. I worked really hard on this cake.:)

He was surprised! He had no idea I was busy all day making this for him. He thought I'd be busy washing clothes in our new washing machine that got delivered that day. When he'd asked me earlier in the day if I was washing clothes and I told him no I hadn't gotten to it yet, I don't think he had any idea why.


Well, most all of our Life Group didn't end up coming, so it was just us and the Vicks.


Jack and his black tongue from the icing.

Now the reason I made Kris the hammer cake was because he is Mr. Fix-It around here. Our anniversary was on June 16th. I was away at the CMT Awards and while I was gone he worked long into the morning hours two nights during the week on redoing our pantry room. We have this little room in our house that was actually part of the garage. The previous owners of this house enclosed a portion of the garage and used it for a dog/workout room I think. I wish I had some before pictures of the room. Kris painted it, put up wainscoting, put down a new floor, and added a refrigerator. Here are a few pictures of all his hard work.

This was our main fridge. He moved it into the pantry. So, now I have an extra fridge and an extra stand up freezer out there. I love it!



He replaced the old fridge with this new stainless steel one. We had plans to get this at some point down the road. I had no idea he was doing all this while I was gone. He is so good at suprising me and I love that about him!


I hope you know how much I love you, Kris! I hope you had a great birthday and I hope that we can celebrate many, many more birthdays and anniversaries together!!!

2 comments:

shelly dahl said...

Wow. That room looks awesome. I might have some before pics of it on my computer. I'll have to look. Good job Kris and Happy Birthday.

The Warriors said...

I am so proud of you guys for doing so much around your house! It gives me hope that someday I might be able to get something done despite having 2 children!