Monday, July 13, 2009

Visiting Grandparents & Dreaming of Land

This past weekend we went to visit Mimi and Pappaw. The kids have so much fun there. They love being outside playing in the sand, eating "sickles" as Linc calls them, riding 4wheelers, looking at the cows, and watching Pappaw. Here they are in Pappaw's truck playing around while the guys loaded the hay bales on the trailer. We kept waiting for them to push/pull something and the truck to start moving! They were enjoying themselves.

Pappaw and Daddy unloading some hay.
Uncle Wes loading some more. Apparently all the guys (Wes, Jeff, and Kris) took turns loading hay onto the trailer. I think they thoroughly enjoyed themselves--seriously (even in the scorching heat).

Daddy on a 4 wheeler. These things are so fun to ride. While we were riding once, Hannah said, "Momma, I wish we had one of these at our house." All I could say is "Me too Han. Maybe one day."

Sunday morning on the front porch swing. The dress Hannah has on was my dress--made by my momma years ago! Love it!!

Me and my sweeties. Sorry for the blur on the pic. We got a new camera but I have decided that while it is smaller and has more megapixels, it in no way compares to my big ole Nikon. So, as soon as I get my USB cable fixed, we're going back to the Nikon.

Mimi and Pappaw with the kids. Saturday night my mom fixed the best meal most of which was home grown!! We had a yummy roast, fried okra (my fav), peas, fresh tomatoes, homemade pickles, and cornbread. That is what I call good eats!!! Something that I will always remember from growing up was all the fresh, home grown veggies that we would eat at my Mammaws. Now, my kids are getting to experience this at my mom's house. This is special to me.



A couple of weeks ago we went to visit Grandma and Grandad. The kids love seeing them as well. Their cousin, Isabel, came over and she and Hannah got to play together. Grandma always finds fun things for them to do. Here they are with the grass skirts she got them. They are dancing.

Love this picture. Wish it wasn't so blurry. Grandma reading to the kids.

Like I said, Grandma can always find neat things for the kids to do. She had a whole bag full of old jewelry that belonged to her or her mom or her grandmother that she let the girls play in.


She would tell them where a lot of the jewelry came from. This was so neat to me!

Hannah loves any kind of jewelry!!

So much to choose from.


I love our families so much. I wish the kids could spend more time with each set of grandparents. It is hard living away from them.

I have lost count of how many times Kris has asked me to "buy him some land" over the last several weeks. He really gets the itch for some when we go to our parents' houses. I used to just roll my eyes when he'd talk about it. Now I can honestly say I am ready to get some land as well. Maybe one day....

No comments: